Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0

Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 599633 times)

like any other car. you buy it
Oh so its like that? I thought there was a mission or something you had to do to get it

outruns a bicycle for shure
Every top-tier car can outrun a motorcycle. The only reason motorcycles may seem to get to places quicker is because they have a significantly improved initial acceleration (due to their low weight and high engine output) and because typically the bikes are smaller and thus the riders can take more shortcuts through traffic. Get a bike and any of the super-cars on the open road, and the bike is going to get creamed as they don't have the top speed or gear shift ratios to match.

rocket voltic is best car.
overall rocket voltic is best car. its favorite car. mcjooble has nothing on the rocket voltic.
The only thing that makes the Rocket Voltic so "good" as a gimmick car is the rocket itself. The Voltic is the worst super-car in the game, outpaced by just about every sports car, let alone its direct competitors in class. The Rocket might be good when you're loving around in the open world, but its practicality in missions is severely reduced; the Voltic's body shape means the driver is far more exposed than in other vehicles (like the X80), the rocket is far too uncontrollable for precision driving (such as when you need to run a goon down without destroying the cocaine sitting right behind him), and once that rocket powers down, you are relying on the Voltic itself, which as I mentioned is one of the most pathetic excuses for an exotic car in the entire game.

If you take away the rocket, any one of my sports or super vehicles can demolish you. Hell, have the rocket and try to do A Titan of a Job, Base Invaders or any of Gerald's missions with it. And this goes for any of the over-priced garbage that came with Import/Export; the only vehicles that were actually valuable contributions are the Tempesta, which is the third fastest super in the game and one of the best handling as well, the Elegy Retro Custom, a magnificent tribute to the Nissan Skyline and is as fun to drive as it is to customise, and the Comet Retro Custom, which is just like the Elegy but much faster.

The only "gimmick-car" that actually turned out to be useful and beautiful is the Armoured Kuruma, which got a boost in speed, is almost completely impenetrable and has a mass factor so high that it can knock away trucks with ease. That car's gimmick is practical, rather than ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:59:35 AM by McJob »

yo mcjob what does ur avatar look like

mcjob's avatar is the second loveiest beast alive, surpassed only by himself

what's faster: a bmx bike or the drug mission post op vans

mcjob's avatar is the second loveiest beast alive, surpassed only by himself
keep it in your pants, man

i'm thinking of getting gta v when steam is back up
i played singleplayer on xbox 360, and it was pretty good
i prefer saints row

I know I'm a bit late but here's my Elegy so far.

forget Snapmatic for making the quality worse.

So, I won't show every costume I've made, but I'll give a little backstory. When I first played GTA:O, it was with a bunch of friends so naturally I decided to skip the tutorial so I could get right into the game with them. The issue with that is that missions no longer automatically unlock if you don't do the tutorials (mostly likely a bug), and so I could get the mad rank ups like I wanted. Since I was a pretty low level anyway, I decided to just redo my entire character from scratch.

He's pretty much identical looking to the original character. But eventually I got bored with the stock, generic white male look, so I decided (since I had a LOT of cash at the time) to just go nuts and make somebody who looks funny.

That's a photo of Psychotic Ronald McDonald that I took much, much later (I'll explain in a moment). However, the appearance wasn't enough; I needed something even funnier for the Heist cinematics. Thankfully, a mission bug that only lasted for a day or two allowed players to keep mission clothing sets, and so...

Welcome, Officer Monkey forget. Since then, it's the one costume that still makes me giggle, and so I haven't changed it. I have however removed the Psychotic look from my character and removed the tattoos, chest hair and made him look my original guy again, simply because it was growing a bit old watching this forget face whenever the game decided to take my mask away.

what's faster: a bmx bike or the drug mission post op vans
A solitary rock thrown by Trevor.

I keep hearing that people are getting unfairly banned from online.
Is this true? I kinda wanna buy the game to play with my friends
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 07:32:10 AM by Bloo Kirby the 2nd »

I wouldn't necessarily believe all the rumours, though generally speaking you want to avoid public servers where you can. Nowadays, the anti-cheat is a bit more sensitive and tends to lump random players on the same server as a hacker together.

GTA V Is overrated.
The Best GTA Game is obviously Grab the Auto 5

Rockstar's anti-cheat is a joke and notorious for giving false bans, and on top of that you can definitely run into some modder-infested public lobbies.  If you stay by yourself in invite only sessions/small sessions you'll be alright.  The only unfortunate part is some of the things require you to be in public lobbies, but you can basically net limit yourself into those at any time.