Nations at War - Closing Time!

Poll

How many pages will this thread have when it finally dies?

Current Page
274-300
301-500
501-1000
1000+
Die?  Ha!
Voter is lame.

Author Topic: Nations at War - Closing Time!  (Read 204452 times)

75% are content, but 40% of that group would prefer W. Erinamese rule.  25% want an independent W. Erinaum.

(0.75 × 0.4) +0.25 = 0.55, so 55% want to belong to W. Erinaum, and the other 45% is either pro-UOU or neutral.  If the remaining group was divided into thirds, you'd have likely ⅔ UoU, and ⅓ neutral.  This would result in 30% pro-UOU and 15% neutral.

I'm also certain that natural UOU citizens had settled in anyways, likely contributing a large amount of that group's opinion to the pro-UOU rule, so the poll would not render purely former W. Erinamese citizens.

We have conducted our own poll and it showed startlingly different results.

Yaslovakians in the taken-over territory still show quite the discontent by not being in actual yaslovakian territory and most aren't really willing to leave their homes.

Even after the war all these years, there are reports of rogue soldiers in weathered or torn up uniforms roaming the woods and doing what they can to survive.

Some crops are stolen, as well as cattle. A dead body is found on the ditch of a road, seeming to have been a Yaslovakian who agreed completely with the occupation of Yaslovakia by multiple countries covered in a flag with the iron cross on it with a small sign hung around his neck with the word "Traitor" on it.

This is only a very small number, because you previously said the Yaslovakian citizens stopped their rebellion after UoU took control because they were more content with our style of government.

We have conducted our own poll and it showed startlingly different results.
"We want an independent republic."
>"Nope, we'll be keeping your land."
"Okay, that's fine."

Said no one ever.

When I spoke for W. Erinaum wanting to become an independent republic, I was speaking for the ≈90% of the population that wanted it.  (Opposition was seldom met, as I indicated in the explanation post)  To say that in just a little more than a decade, this resentment has just "boiled off" like a bad dream is absurd.  The Erinamese pride is something seldom lost, and to say at least 35% became apathetic to an independent republic is like saying that 15% of Yankees fans just gave up on their team pride for the Astros.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:12:16 AM by SWAT One »

I just want to point out that the Yaslovakian rebels wanted a republic as well and Erinaum decided to massacre them, and given the post-war time period, their violent opposition was understandable.

Also I'm personally opposed to anyone owning two nations, but we can have a poll about it or something later.

Believe me, I'm very much inclined to keep their differences for a very long time, maybe even include a war or wars of the halves.

Also, Erinaum offered them the ability to govern themselves under a republic in New Yaslovakia as opposed from the dictatorship that they were from.  I massacred them because they became unruly, and were demanding a republic that Erinaum had already provided for them, but old Yaslovakia would not provide.  It was preposterous that they wanted to return to a government that oppressed them, rather than gave them freedom.  They were a protectorate of Erinaum- not even assimilated into any polar federation.  Erinaum had a few officials in place at the beginning, and that was it, until the rebels had sealed their fate and the fates of many of their brethren.

UoU will just manage and wait out the riots.  By the next generation, they will all be born Utahns, with the pride and honor befitting of one.

Utah also does not like being compared to the Astros.  We are one of the world powers, please respect as such.

Upon hearing such assimilation-based tactics, W. Erinamese place a great distrust in the UOU government.

Upon hearing such assimilation-based tactics, W. Erinamese place a great distrust in the UOU government.

Assimilation?  You are the ones who gave us the country.  We are just controlling the riots.  I can't believe after all the history between our nations that this much puts "great distrust" in your view of us.

W. Erinamese are different.  They wanted an independant republic, and you kept their land anyways.  Now you're talking persuasion of citizens that have a great sense of Erinamese nationalism.  How would they not be disgusted?

E. Erinamese would still be protective of it's sister territory, and would be upset, although not to the degree of the W. Erinamese.

The reason Erinaum went to UOU is because there was no heir, and the system didn't have a safety net.

Regardless of history, the W. Erinamese see UOU as a sugar-coated oppressor who tries to whitewash the fact that they stamped over a polite and straightforward request to be self-governed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:12:28 PM by SWAT One »

The point is moot, but it should be noted for the umpteenth time that the Yaslovakian rebels were not fighting for fascism but for a more moderate and representative government independent of foreign rule.  They didn't hate your government system, just its presence.  Noteworthy too is the fact that the AC was attempting to scale back fascist dictatorship influences in what remained of Yaslovakia so that the PEMU would have no grounds to resume the invasion when Yaslovakia resumed full independence.

Also, I don't think you should be able to control the percentages of other nations' populations.  You can control a group, but not the entire population specifications, regardless of ethnicity, so long as things stay reasonably realistic.

Also, I don't think you should be able to control the percentages of other nations' populations.  You can control a group, but not the entire population specifications, regardless of ethnicity, so long as things stay reasonably realistic.

This.

I don't think the W. Erinamese reaction was unrealistic.

All I am saying is now that we're not allies, I can really see what everyone else was saying about you powergaming and putting everything in your favor.

"Oh I am going to make all the old Erinaum territory insanely unruly so UoU will have to give it back to me"

This is only a very small number, because you previously said the Yaslovakian citizens stopped their rebellion after UoU took control because they were more content with our style of government.
Actually, Plethora said that. Not me. I was okay with what he was doing with the rebels until that point.

However, they're not in the "burn every loving thing down" stage because they've pretty much done what they can with that.
The point is moot, but it should be noted for the umpteenth time that the Yaslovakian rebels were not fighting for fascism but for a more moderate and representative government independent of foreign rule.  They didn't hate your government system, just its presence.  Noteworthy too is the fact that the AC was attempting to scale back fascist dictatorship influences in what remained of Yaslovakia so that the PEMU would have no grounds to resume the invasion when Yaslovakia resumed full independence.

Also, I don't think you should be able to control the percentages of other nations' populations.  You can control a group, but not the entire population specifications, regardless of ethnicity, so long as things stay reasonably realistic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:37:48 PM by Decepticon »

Most people agree, but a considerable portion would rather live in an independent W. Erinaum, and an even smaller portion of about 57.1 million are angry that UOU ignored W. Erinaum's request to become an independent republic.

To answer your question, UOU rolled right over them when they requested independence.
Because it's totally W. Erinaum's fault for being angry.

Because it's totally W. Erinaum's fault for being angry.

You left the game.  Everything was going great, Erinamese citizens were beginning to enjoy peaceably governed by UoU.  A small portion is unhappy about it, and UoU does everything they can to make sure they can be more happy with their position.

You make your return.  Suddenly you decided on some random decided data of MY country, that almost all of them really hate where they are and resent the government in every way and will stop at nothing until we pull out.  Just because you want us to pull out so you can have your territory back. 

See the issue here?