Nations at War - Closing Time!

Poll

How many pages will this thread have when it finally dies?

Current Page
274-300
301-500
501-1000
1000+
Die?  Ha!
Voter is lame.

Author Topic: Nations at War - Closing Time!  (Read 204430 times)

wow

ok wow

It'll be colored back eventually. Surely you all know me enough to be as much of a starfish to not let him get away with that.

To UoU, I never saw a post saying that you integrated Erinamese tech.  Just assuming that you integrated the military is one thing, but I'm pretty sure integrating technology has to be accounted publicly.  Plethora posted such details in the massive Erinamese migration into AC.  For instance claiming that he now has designs for OTUs is fully acceptable in my mind because he posted that he acquired it by legal means.  To say that you integrated it, but didn't give it back when you gave back East Erinaum is simply unrealistic, as easily 80% of the military is attached to East Erinamese assets.  Technically, grunter still owns military bases in Abdullahi, since they were a part of the Pacific Islands district (east), but they're all 50 years outdated and I doubt he wants them.

Plethora, I have to say one thing.  The AC should not be an extension of host power.  Moderators are not to pick sides.  They do what the rules require of them, and enforce them fairly.  Taking sides is only a way of saying the rules don't apply for some.  This is what Dr. M. L. King Jr. describes as the unjust law.  Read Letter From Birmingham Jail, by King, and you'll know what I have been trying to say.  It is the reason that a "small revolt in West Erinaum" is unreasonable.  As I stated to SL7 over PMs, and addressed him publicly, and as grunter mentioned, my actions are human, they are realistic.  I had reason set behind it, and thoroughly calculated the results at each turn of events.

And 6 billion?  Please, the AC is really the only nation that should come close.  Multiplying your population by a factor of 4 or 5 is just unacceptable, and it's more reasonable that you have like 1.8-3.2 billion, tendency around 2.4 billion.

Plethora, I'm sorry, but I see little to correct in my methods.  I did what was realistic, and followed the rules and orders as you prescribed, whether just or unjust, and you chose to take sides.  Saying "find a better moderator" really just sounds like "I don't feel like I'm obligated to run a RP properly, or tend to disputes that have to do with the rules."  The host's service is to his or her users, not the other way around.

OTUs?  I'm not entirely sure what that is, but sure, I have them.

I'm sorry everyone, I was operating under the assumption that we could all act reasonably, rationally, and like normal human beings.  I forget that we're all teens (or close anyhow) and that we're doing this over the internet.  By rights this whole thing was doomed from the start because in no way could we ever possibly handle such a fluid thing as a nation RP in a fair and realistic way, and I have no right to expect you to do so.  In twenty years we should all come together and do this face to face.  Maybe then it'll go more smoothly.

Given this, I think I may well take a more active roll in ensuring that things are handled in a better way; I'm going from LF to absolute dictator, suck it up or leave.  That noted, I am extending the nuke rule to cover other overpowered weapons and technologies like Medusa and Scimitar.  The nuke rule is to ensure that there can be no single noobish totally crippling event that effectively ends a war the post it begins, and as OP I find Medusa and Scimitar to be such; ergo they are now downgraded to regular powerful cyber defense.  Other technologies may follow.

As far as the "find a better moderator" thing, that's just how it is.  I find it ridiculous that you insist on me changing how I do things to fit your own ways when you can just go and do things your own ways elsewhere; it's not enough that you're free to say "Screw you Pleth, I'm taking my ball and going home!" and do so, you have to make me do things your way.

I still don't see how exactly the AC is an extension of host power other than the fact that maybe I don't do stuff with the AC unless I find it to be logical and reasonable and I apply the same rule to host power, so OP and AC opinions tend to coincide.  Double logic should be no problem, and as I am the OP, you have to live under my logic or leave.

Lance's population hasn't been updated in decades, I find it reasonable that his population would be a few times larger that the 1.1 bill he had ages ago.  Conservatia's population was bumped up by way more than it reasonably should have given that it inherited only half of a war torn Erinaum and the starting limit is like 2mill or something small like that.

Swat, my belief that we will never get along and that any attempts to interact will only exacerbate this is being validated by current events.  Please make a nation or go away.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:33:03 PM by Plethora »

Conservatia's population was bumped up by way more than it reasonably should have given that it inherited only half of a war torn Erinaum and the starting limit is like 2mill or something small like that.

I disagree, I acquired all major citys exempt one, including E.Erinaums capitol. While it may have been war torn, I still rightfully acquired these lands and cities through legitimate means, as well as the population which I brought under control through peaceful means, in no way sacrificing any of the populace. That right there is a easy 70% I had also earlier been taking in deportees, adding onto my population, and if he is to be 6bil, a great deal of erinamese individuals would have made up that population which I would of acquired (Atleast 70% or so) because he practically kicked them all out. Which could easily make me around 1.8 bil, give or take .1, considering he is at 6 billion.

My population was bolstered legitimately and reasonably given the circumstances.

I don't count the expatriates because if they weren't in Erinaum's population when it was passed on to you (E. Erinaum's population was 2.7 bill before, during, and after they came into the picture, despite all of Erinaum having only 2.1 bill when Swat quit the first time and the land was passed to Lance), Swat screwed you over with negligence and that's that.  But I've done a little math and 3.8 is close enough to what I got that I'm not going to make a big fuss over it.  My own calculations take into account that (if memory serves) you had a starting population five times the starting max, but since I overlooked that then I won't put the kibosh on it now.  Monopoly rent rules.  But 3.8 would be bordering the unrealistic if you started at the legitimate starting population max.

I don't count the expatriates because if they weren't in Erinaum's population when it was passed on to you (E. Erinaum's population was 2.7 bill before, during, and after they came into the picture, despite all of Erinaum having only 2.1 bill when Swat quit the first time and the land was passed to Lance), Swat screwed you over with negligence and that's that.  But I've done a little math and 3.8 is close enough to what I got that I'm not going to make a big fuss over it.  My own calculations take into account that (if memory serves) you had a starting population five times the starting max, but since I overlooked that then I won't put the kibosh on it now.  Monopoly rent rules.  But 3.8 would be bordering the unrealistic if you started at the legitimate starting population max.

I don't recall having a starting max five times over the max. When I started I started within the parameters of the set starting population at around 190k. And almost immediately afterwards the deportions happened, in which I made us of and profited from by a gain of population by letting deportees inside. I didn't start with all this, I gradually obtained it through legitimate means. But either way that's essentially the amount I have now, which I gradually earned through fair and legitimate roleplay. And the expatriates should count, but either way even with them it still adds up to what I have now.

The United Order of Utah is referred to in a news article as the "Untied Order", which references the totalitarianism and world power that is Utah. However, it is not slandered.

The United Order of Utah is referred to in a news article as the "Untied Order", which references the totalitarianism and world power that is Utah. However, it is not slandered.

That's fine! :)  the Prophet visits on a diplomatic trip to meet with the leaders of your nation and discuss a future friendship.

That's fine! :)  the Prophet visits on a diplomatic trip to meet with the leaders of your nation and discuss a future friendship.
The leaders of the Five Cities (the largest ones, whose mayors and governors form a main central government) meet up with the UoU's leaders for the discussion. There is steak and wine going around, and the atmosphere is relaxed and even jovial as the men get settled and work together.

Project S is temporarily divided to complete Projects S-1 and S-2.

The AC proposes a free trade policy between Tbilisi Pact nations, and possibly adding an addendum to the trade article incorporating this, or greatly lightened tariffs.

Project S is temporarily divided to complete Projects S-1 and S-2.

The AC proposes a free trade policy between Tbilisi Pact nations, and possibly adding an addendum to the trade article incorporating this, or greatly lightened tariffs.
i agree, except for UoU. i refuse to have a free trade policy with war mongers

Reports that ragonian riots are decreasing after the recent firing of the relenoy policr cheif. And the hiring of a new one. And the president has started revoking the weapon licenses of all rioters. At this rate the riots should be stoped by next week. In other news the bombing of ragonian parlament bombing is reported to be a terrorist threat. After a letter was sent to the president with that contained rison poison with the note saying "These will not stop. Unless you pay the randsome of 15,000,000 denirius's."  The policd have bumped up security around the presidental palace. And to Conservatia we we're not asking for your control. We dont need bigbrother looking at us like we cant handle riots and terrorist bombings. Please move your troops you dont have the right to be on ragonian soil. And we would ask if things got so desprite that we needed Conservatia. This isnt ment to be takin as a threat or to offened Conservatia. Just saying you have no place in this war at he current time.. NEWS JUST IN: the remainicng ragonian rebels havr moved into the mountains after police offered a bounty of 300 denariuses to any one that captured a ragonian rebel and brought him in alive. This could be under control sooner than expected.

police offered a bounty of 300 denariuses to any one that captured a ragonian rebel and brought him in alive.
It's obvious you're using vigilantes now. You need help. Conservatia, let's move in?

I agree with Plethora.  Friends should trade freely, it would benefit all nations.

@mlockha:  Warmongers?  You keep drinking the punch that Swat and Grunter are giving you.  I've been to war twice.  Once to join my fellow allies against a world ideology that we were against.  And the second time was to defend my land.

I agree with Plethora.  Friends should trade freely, it would benefit all nations.

@mlockha:  Warmongers?  You keep drinking the punch that Swat and Grunter are giving you.  I've been to war twice.  Once to join my fellow allies against a world ideology that we were against.  And the second time was to defend my land.
Bro, i think this in rp. Not out of rp. It's because I'm allies with grunter.