Author Topic: Vehicle not appearing on vehicle spawn  (Read 3822 times)

I've placed my vehicle into the Blockland add-on folder, loaded up the game, and the vehicle appears for the add-on select, but when I go into the game and try to spawn in my vehicle with a vehicle spawn brick, it doesn't appear on the menu.

Some thing in the script is creating syntax errors, post your console.log and .cs file

Here's the CS files.

EDIT Forgot the console log.

EDIT2 Right now I'm just modifying the script for the tank, I don't know what would be causing an error
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:22:36 PM by puppy347 »

Found it. server.cs is looking for "Vehicle_STank.cs" to execute. However, it is not found, since your script is named "Vehicle_SeigeTank.cs".

Found it. server.cs is looking for "Vehicle_STank.cs" to execute. However, it is not found, since your script is named "Vehicle_SeigeTank.cs".

So if I change the name to "Siegetank" it will work?

You can change the name of your file to "Vehicle_STank.cs"
or you can change the name inside your server.cs to "Vehicle_SeigeTank.cs"

Blockland now crashes when I try to launch a game with the vehicle enabled.

Check for errors (red text) after a crash in the console.log. Paste it here again. It could be another script error, or a modeling error, or an export error.

Loading Add-On: Vehicle_STank (CRC:-2072055451)
Executing Add-Ons/Vehicle_STank/server.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Vehicle_STank/Vehicle_STank.cs.
Error: attempt to load a version 35 dts-shape, can currently only load version 24 and before.

How change model to older version?

What are you exporting with? Blender 2.49, or MilkShape?

What are you exporting with? Blender 2.49, or MilkShape?

Blender.

If he exported it at all, it'd have to be 2.49. Nevermind, I forgot that there were earlier working versions.

Puppy, when you export, you have the detail32 and Shape empties in place and parented correctly, right? Make sure it's Blender 2.49, too (with the latest dts exporter). Basically, what is happening is your exporter is just spitting out a newer version of dts than is required. You need to make sure you're using the correct version of blender and exporter to fix this. If you are, try reinstalling the exporter.

If he exported it at all, it'd have to be 2.49. Nevermind, I forgot that there were earlier working versions.

Puppy, when you export, you have the detail32 and Shape empties in place and parented correctly, right? Make sure it's Blender 2.49, too (with the latest dts exporter). Basically, what is happening is your exporter is just spitting out a newer version of dts than is required. You need to make sure you're using the correct version of blender and exporter to fix this. If you are, try reinstalling the exporter.

I've exported it as an .obj file and changed it directly to a .dts file. Maybe that was what was causing the problem? Gonna go install a .dts exporter.

Yes, that was definitely the problem. Simply changing the file format manually almost never works for anything, because nearly all file formats are encoded differently. Just make sure you're using Blender 2.49, or the dts exporter won't work.