Ideal Graphics Card for Maximum Shaders?

Author Topic: Ideal Graphics Card for Maximum Shaders?  (Read 1217 times)

What Graphics Card would be good to run Maximum shaders smoothly? I currently have a ATI Radeon HD 5450. I usually run Minimum Shaders, because Low Shaders look blobby, and anything above Medium Shaders are choppy and not smooth.

A 7750 can run up to max, depending on the build size. I usually leave it on the second highest setting.

when I ran a 7750 I could run max on a server with 60,000 bricks at a stable 30-40 FPS

Let me tell you something, the farther your render distance, the more blobby your shadow.

Also, it is completely dependent on many things like what FPS you want, how much you will render, what are your other settings, overclocking, etc.

Let me tell you something, the farther your render distance, the more blobby your shadow.

Also, it is completely dependent on many things like what FPS you want, how much you will render, what are your other settings, overclocking, etc.
render distance has nothing to do with the 'blobbiness' of shadows, your shadow settings does.

If you want playable FPS with high settings, go with a 7750, there's no need to overclock for shadows on Blockland

render distance has nothing to do with the 'blobbiness' of shadows, your shadow settings does.
no, he's right. setting your render distance lower will make shadows sharper.

If your Power Supply will support it, get a 7770, if not then just get a 7750 which is still good.

Get a Radeon HD 7750. Or either Message me on RTB.

RTB Name : Revoltech

I can help you out.

The shadow map has a fixed size, if it has to cover a larger area it get's more "blobby"

The ideal card? The most recent non-Intel card.

anything that can run a source game on max settings at 60 frames