On Linux Mint 15, when starting a server, add-ons are horribly sorted

Author Topic: On Linux Mint 15, when starting a server, add-ons are horribly sorted  (Read 1152 times)

Please don't tell me not to use Linux unless that's the only solution because seriously, no.

When I try to start a custom server, the add-on choosing list is messed up :

However, my ADD_ON_LIST.cs is correctly sorted :

Is there any way to solve this problem but still use Linux?

Also, I noticed that the game was executing client add-ons out of order and checking server add-ons out of order.

Have you made sure it's not another client-sided addon messing things up?

Also, I noticed that the game was executing client add-ons out of order and checking server add-ons out of order.
Perhaps it is inheriting the sorting of your add-ons folder or something. How is your add-ons folder sorted?

Perhaps it is inheriting the sorting of your add-ons folder or something. How is your add-ons folder sorted?

Have you made sure it's not another client-sided addon messing things up?

It's alphabetically sorted and I'm using the same add-ons from my Windows installation

Let's do a test.

Enter this into your console:
Code: [Select]
$mask="Add-Ons/*.zip";for($file=findFirstFile($mask);$file!$="";$file=findNextFile($mask))echo($file);
Then post the results. There should be a reverse-alphabetical list of all add-ons.

If the above fails, try it again, but first rename your Add-Ons folder to "Add-Ons OLD". This will cause all non-default mods to be removed.