Author Topic: Anyone else on a FIRST team?  (Read 552 times)

Is anyone else on the forum on a FIRST FRC or FTC team? I'm on FRC team #1444, The Lightning Lancers, and FTC team #4982, Cafe Bot. If you don't know what FIRST is, go to http://usfirst.org.

FIRST
I've never heard of this before, is it very big?

FIRST
I've never heard of this before, is it very big?
Quite. There are at least 28,548 teams total, with four divisions: FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition, highschool), FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge, highschool), FLL (FIRST Lego League, middle school), and Jr. FLL (Jr. FIRST Lego League, elementary school).

I used to be on a Lego League team for a few years, but everyone on my team was a bumbling idiot, so I always did all the programming.

I wanted to like it, but it kinda sucked because of my team.

If you're in highschool now, you should consider joining an FRC or FTC team (FTC generally being the more challenging of the two).

If you're in highschool now, you should consider joining an FRC or FTC team (FTC generally being the more challenging of the two).

My high school is considered one of the best in the nation, but somehow there is no FRC/FTC team.

Shouldn't matter. Both teams I'm on are populated mostly by homeschoolers, myself included, and aren't part of a school. :)

I was on an FLL team. We kicked ass (got to state finals) and i met a lot of friends there. Was gonna join the high school's FRC team, but I had to move, and there's nothing like that here. ;-;

Are you sure? If you're in the U.S. in a populated area, there is likely one within 30 miles or so.

I used to be on #4181, but I lost interest when they never let me do anything but hold stuff.

I used to be on #4181, but I lost interest when they never let me do anything but hold stuff.
Really? Just hold stuff?! That sucks. :/