Working Elevators!

Author Topic: Working Elevators!  (Read 89391 times)

Lol, idiotsguidetoelevator.png
Trader you should have a cookie for the name
of the most matching word.  :cookieMonster:
 :cookie: :cookie:

Yeah, I try to come up with clever names for all my images and movies.  Thanks for noticing.

would it be possible for the elevator to check for some sort of projectile if the main operator was in a minigame and if the ele. was hit it would fall all the way down to the bottom and then make its way up again?

It's possible, but it's not something I'm interested in doing.  If you want to "damage" the Elevator, fire upon the brick on which the Elevator is based.  Kill the brick, kill the Elevator.

I have a suggestion.

You should make a command like /callelevator floornumber

It would call the elevator to the floor you're on.
For instance, /callelevator 5 would call it to floor 5.

Of course there will be a command like that.  However, it makes more sense to me to have it automatically ask you about calling an Elevator when you walk up to an Elevator Door, or, if there is no Elevator Door on that floor, by pressing a brick button using v9's event system.  By doing it that way, the experience can be much more natural.  I don't like to burden the user with having to use /commands, but they are there if they prefer.  I find myself using /commands a lot, but that's just me.

yes, but you should have an option, wether you want to have an automatic GUI pop up (or whatever your using) or, you have to press a button, as you said, and for a last resort, / commands

Well, the GUI will automatically pop up if an Elevator Door exists on that floor.  Otherwise, you can build a button.  I'm still thinking of something clever to do in the absence of Elevator Doors / buttons.  (No, I'm not really looking for suggestions.)

jsut use the button. by clicking on the button, it brings the elevator. so you can just as easily make it it calls the Elevator when you touch something.

Well, I won't require use of the button if an Elevator Door is present.  Also, there needs to be a backup plan in case neither of those options are available.

I just had an idea for your elevators, when you step in the elevator a gui would come up that looks like the control panel of a elevator with the floor number buttons on it. You would just click on the button for the floor that you want and away you go.

I just had an idea for your elevators, when you step in the elevator a gui would come up that looks like the control panel of a elevator with the floor number buttons on it. You would just click on the button for the floor that you want and away you go.

Interesting.

I already know how I'm handling that part.  Buttons would be a terrible idea.  Think of an Elevator with 100 floors.  It'd be ridiculous.

Think of an Elevator with 100 floors.  It'd be ridiculous.

QFT

id want buttons like  up and down. just up and down