Author Topic: Working Elevators!  (Read 88812 times)

awesome, keep up the good work

Forgive me if anyone has already asked this question but I was wondering if it is possible to have a evevator that starts on a floor other than the ground level ? For example could I have a elevator that services floors 1-10 and another elevator that services floors 10-20 ? Form what I've read I would assume that you can but I just wanted to make sure.

Yes, although for 2 Elevators to meet on the same floor, you'd need separate Elevator shafts.

Cool thats good to know. Also do you plan to make more than one kind of door ? I just think that if would be cool to have a gate type accordion door. You know the kind that you see on old serivce elevators or construction elevators. Just an idea. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I'd like to have more that one type of Elevator Door.  They'd all be basic sliding doors though, no folding or anything fancy like that.

Trader may i ask, on a percentage scale, how much of the mod is done?

OMG i can't wait i check the forums every day till this comes out.

can they maybe go at different speeds? like for large buildings they go kinda fast, but for smaller buildings, they go slowish? idk, just something to work with...

No, I won't be allowing for different speeds.

Anyway, here's the "inverse crater" icon I'm using for Elevator crush death messages.  Just put it in Add-Ons/JVS/images and you'll be able to see the icon when you join my server.

I remember seeing that before. By the way, nice new avatar ;P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:55:52 PM by TheWorm »

Thank you, sir.

I'd reveal the talent behind the avatar, but everyone would be harassing him.  :cookieMonster:

tell us now or we harass you :3

You should know by now that harassing me does no good.

"Release Elevators NAO or I kill you.  Release Elevators NAO and I give you a :cookie:"
"Please die in a fire."

Good luck with that.

elevator = portal crusher