Author Topic: How to have a .DTS as a brick in-game?  (Read 1887 times)

I really don't know what to put in the title but basically I have been working on track peices and I have been doing .blb recently but I have tried exporting it as a .DTS. I have the .DTS however what do I put in the server.cs so that it will show up in Blockland and act like a brick I can place?

You have to use a .blb for the brick. In the server.cs, you can specify a .dts for the collision only. From the Brick_ForestTree add-on:
Code: [Select]
datablock fxDTSBrickData(brickForestTreeData)
{
brickFile = "./foresttree.blb";
category = "Special";
subCategory = "Misc";
uiName = "Forest Tree";
iconName = "Add-Ons/Brick_ForestTree/foresttree";
collisionShapeName = "./foresttree.dts";
};
Inside the folder, there's forresttree.blb converted from an .obj (I assume you can do that correctly), an icon named forresttree.png, and finally, foresttree.dts. From this point, you'll have to ask Dglider or some other talented people because I'm not entirely sure how it works.

You have to use a .blb for the brick. In the server.cs, you can specify a .dts for the collision only. From the Brick_ForestTree add-on:
Code: [Select]
datablock fxDTSBrickData(brickForestTreeData)
{
brickFile = "./foresttree.blb";
category = "Special";
subCategory = "Misc";
uiName = "Forest Tree";
iconName = "Add-Ons/Brick_ForestTree/foresttree";
collisionShapeName = "./foresttree.dts";
};
Inside the folder, there's forresttree.blb converted from an .obj (I assume you can do that correctly), an icon named forresttree.png, and finally, foresttree.dts. From this point, you'll have to ask Dglider or some other talented people because I'm not entirely sure how it works.
Are you serious? I cant just use a .DTS, it would have to be static shape no? Having to have a .blb defeats the entire purpose of what I was trying to do.

Are you serious? I cant just use a .DTS, it would have to be static shape no? Having to have a .blb defeats the entire purpose of what I was trying to do.
Can you please elaborate?

Can you please elaborate?
Similar to something like Glass's elevators. He basically has a .DTS in the form of a plate brick but is also a static shape so that it can move up and down.

Similar to something like Glass's elevators. He basically has a .DTS in the form of a plate brick but is also a static shape so that it can move up and down.
Ohhhh
I thought you were trying to make a brick out of a DTS, not a DTS out of a brick

Was it really that hard to use the search function to search for "DTS brick" and check "Search in topic subjects only"?
Fourth result: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=199190.0

Was it really that hard to use the search function to search for "DTS brick" and check "Search in topic subjects only"?
Fourth result: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=199190.0
Is it acceptable to use a DTS as collision?

Is it acceptable to use a DTS as collision?
You have to if you want angled collision. The default ramps use DTS collision.

You have to if you want angled collision. The default ramps use DTS collision.
Okay, I'll have to keep that in mind.