Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60

Poll

Do you remember Summer 2013 Rising Lava?

Yeah!
56 (72.7%)
No. :c
21 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60  (Read 88463 times)

someone's alway's gonna be blockin it
He didn't realize that by giving the push brooms after 30 seconds that people would/could do that. especially where the highest point is accessed through one small door and everyone dies at start.

He didn't realize that by giving the push brooms after 30 seconds that people would/could do that. especially where the highest point is accessed through one small door and everyone dies at start.
I actually improved that. When the push brooms were given at the very start they could block the stairs AND push people back.
Please, kindly shut the forget up.

I actually improved that. When the push brooms were given at the very start they could block the stairs AND push people back.
Please, kindly shut the forget up.
You could easily push the blocker out of the way...

honestly there's a few problems with this

for one, there's usually only one single route to the top of the map. this is so, so easily exploited it's amazing.

two, often there's spots on maps players can be launched up to where no one else can reach, giving them a free win. and don't say teamwork cause that just isn't going to happen with so many people.

overall it's a nice game mode, the kinda thing you'd see as a default just because its so simple a concept.

Lava is way too slow first rounds, especially on some maps. Do you even adapt time and lava rising rate depending on the map? It's needed. Some maps do not need so long time before start.

You should replace the maps. Building them towards tower climbs with different routes to get to the top.

I remember playing a similar server, but there were no pushbrooms, it was a puzzle challenge race ordeal. I guess the beauty of throwing pushbrooms into the fray is that you get to be lazy as hell and just use default builds instead of actually making your own suitable maps. Most of the time there's only one way to the top which is ALWAYS guarded by some ass (very noticeable on SPO castle, extremely frustrating) and at the top it just becomes a generic pushbroom DM.

I understand that taking out the pushbrooms will require you to think, which is hard, but, hey
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:17:57 PM by RaR »

I understand that taking out the pushbrooms will require you to think, which is hard, but, hey
What? When you're just running up a map you don't think.
If there's pushbrooms, you're thinking of how to prevent yourself from getting pushed, being prepared every turn.

Removing push brooms would basically be the most boring game mode ever, everyone will just block main entrances.

Removing push brooms would basically be the most boring game mode ever, everyone will just block main entrances.
Yeah well generally if you use default builds for more that what they were built for, your game breaks.

"Flood Mod" dates all the way back to ~v8. This is just a version with deadly water, pushbrooms, and no custom maps.

I keep telling everyone that!
Everyone who says "remove pushbrooms" obviously doesn't know what would happen without them.
Though it is a map problem.

I keep telling everyone that!
Everyone who says "remove pushbrooms" obviously doesn't know what would happen without them.
Though it is a map problem.
Everyone who complains about the push broom just shouldn't play, period.

Everyone who complains about the push broom just shouldn't play, period.

this attitude is just so non-innovative it makes my stomach hurt

What? When you're just running up a map you don't think.
If there's pushbrooms, you're thinking of how to prevent yourself from getting pushed, being prepared every turn.

making custom maps with different dangers instead of push brooms would work
like traps
or bots
etc

making custom maps with different dangers instead of push brooms would work
like traps
or bots
etc
^ this

OP is squandering a ton of potential by using default maps and then throwing in pushbrooms to compensate.

OP is squandering a ton of potential by using default maps and then throwing in pushbrooms to compensate.
I really prefer custom maps, but the only problem is my building skills are complete stuff.