Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60

Poll

Do you remember Summer 2013 Rising Lava?

Yeah!
56 (72.7%)
No. :c
21 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60  (Read 88413 times)

How is it a risk to stay at the low levels in the current version of the server? The lava moves like a sloth and it takes ages for it to spawn.
There's a chance of someone seeing your tomfoolery and popping you into the lava.

When I was thinking of that I was thinking of the map Pyramid. It'd work very well there. Even in places like SPO it's dangerous because it's harder to get high enough and if you venture too far into the city collecting coins you won't be able to make it to tower in time. But in places like construction site or the dig this mechanic would be much less effective.

big post incoming
with the new update, I made some suggestions on what I think should be added

- More / Better Trails
The current trails are really basic and not worth the money (or Zapkoins). The only one people are buying is the rainbow trail, which is good, but I'd rather there be a wider selection. I do think this is probably already going to be added, but here are some examples of trails that could be added (minus the cringey ones).
The problem here is, those trails are used in Source games, (TF2, CS:S, etc.), and those games use images for trails, while Blockland uses particle effects (I think). The way we could fix this is by cutting out a part of the trail, make it one small looping image, and make it a particle effect, to give a similar look to the real ones above.

- Hats / Cosmetics
Everyone has been asking for hats, hats, and more hats to be added, and I partially agree. But, with the addition of hats, I say remove the Power-Ups, and add attributes to the hats. This would include +1 Climbing, +1 Speed, +1 Health, you get the point, and they could be added to hats that are similar to the attribute, (Health = Helmet, Speed = Aviator Goggles,). My complaint with the Power-Up system is that the power-ups are costly, and only last a round. I get why that is, but I would like the idea above more. Just my idea. Here's a professional drawing of the concept.

I have more ideas but they're dumb and minor complaints.

The trails are particles, though.

They can't exactly loop like that, no matter what.

what do you mean "like that"

hypertower money spawns are stuff and they just spawn all over the floor

do something to adapt it to the bricks

also replace the line telling you what map it is with the amount of zapkcoins you have

so stupid that I have to try buying something before I can see how much I have

or open up the client
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:02:06 AM by Lalam24 »

My only thing with the server that I've noticed so far is that the status bar is much worse than it used to be. It was so clean and organized before.

The trails are particles, though.

They can't exactly loop like that, no matter what.
I know but with the existing trails, at a slow enough speed it almost has the effect that it's looping or such idk. It's to early in the morning for me to think

also replace the line telling you what map it is with the amount of zapkcoins you have
no, make it so it doesn't look like a freaking file name
it irritates me

no, make it so it doesn't look like a freaking file name
it irritates me
it needs to be as close to a source minigame as possible lol

what do you mean "like that"
Those trails are horizontal images stitched together. Blockland can only do particles.

Those trails are horizontal images stitched together. Blockland can only do particles.
Are particles not just images? When I look at the rainbow trail it seems to be a bunch of square images stitched together.

Are particles not just images? When I look at the rainbow trail it seems to be a bunch of square images stitched together.
It's not. That's just because a rainbow will work in multiple dimensions.