Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60

Poll

Do you remember Summer 2013 Rising Lava?

Yeah!
56 (72.7%)
No. :c
21 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60  (Read 88406 times)

So you're saying the other player should let you by and not win?
If blocking was against the rule, this kind of thing would not be allowed.

I believe blocking should be against a rule.

And by "thing", I mean a basically one sided fight where one player is protected by more than just the extent of his own skill.

And by "thing", I mean a basically one sided fight where one player is protected by more than just the extent of his own skill.

So everything should be flat so that nobody has an advantage other than their own skill.

So everything should be flat so that nobody has an advantage other than their own skill.
Nevermind, forget it.

Lol Gizmo.

Please remove the map drop zone till all the holes are fixed. I fallen down them countless times and lost because of them.

pwned

This game-mode is so much fun to play on, and it is really entertaining. I think it could use some more maps though. I long to see this becoming default, I hope it does.

Lol Gizmo.

Please remove the map drop zone till all the holes are fixed. I fallen down them countless times and lost because of them.
this

you can't see the holes in the laser platforms and it's annoying

Momentum said he fixed them all, and that Zapk updated the map with the fixed holes. I'm not sure why they're still there.

Momentum said he fixed them all, and that Zapk updated the map with the fixed holes. I'm not sure why they're still there.
Either Momentum failed to fix them all, or Zapk is a liar!

Or Zapk updated the wrong file and chose the one with holes.

i found more holes in them.

i updated the map, no more holes, garunteed

Or your money back!

Okay, installing.

i found more holes in them.

did you give me credit yet

Blocking has never been much of a problem for me, as in most cases you can shoo them away and get some leverage with the push broom.

-snip-

The player that pushed me down was on the purple bricks, around the pink stairs, I was jumping to the pink stair second to top. I could not reach him, he could reach me.

He pushed me down to a lower point, and the lava was already rising very near the step I landed on.

-snip-

From the step that I was pushed to, the view was basically this.

He had moved down to the step directly above me, and had positioned himself in a way that makes any effort I use to pushbroom him away was nullified because there was a stair above his player object.

The lava eventually killed me, and I was put into a situation that made it impossible for me to do anything to him.
The problem isn't with players, it's with the map. Blocking isn't an issue on maps with alternate routes like Pyramid or wide open maps like Construction or Dropzone, Doomland is just terrible.

Doomland is the best map, soup bowl fights are the best.