Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60

Poll

Do you remember Summer 2013 Rising Lava?

Yeah!
56 (72.7%)
No. :c
21 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Zapk's Rising Lava • Map Voting! • p60  (Read 88428 times)

Well a particle is an image, but it will always face the camera and you can't make a continuous trail with it.

Well a particle is an image, but it will always face the camera and you can't make a continuous trail with it.
Exactly. A particle is also always vertically rendered, so a rainbow works perfectly fine.

it will always face the camera

Not necessarily. That's a setting in the datablock.

Not necessarily. That's a setting in the datablock.
It is? What happens if you don't set it?

It is? What happens if you don't set it?

It doesn't always face the camera.

It doesn't always face the camera.
Say what? Please go on.

Say what? Please go on.
In ParticleEmitterData, there is a field you can use named "orientParticles". More information taken directly from Muffinmix's "Making Special Effects" tutorial:    
orientParticles = false;                                  //This is another amazing line that allows you to make "straight", almost mesh-like particles. What it does is, if set to true, will lock your emitted particles' X and Y axises, leaving only the Z axis for free rotation. In other words, it turns your particles into Z Billboards. This makes it harder for them to rotate in order to "look at you". They will still rotate on that Z axis though, which is why we don't have holograms, but this bit of code still allows you to make things like Light Rays, the only problem being the particle decals will be gigantic and mostly empty in order to limit that rotation.
and from Appendix A - Quick References
Specifies whether emitted particles should be oriented as billboards (always face
directly towards the camera), or if they should face the emission direction (see
the field documentation for thetaMin, thetaMax, phiReferenceVel, and phiVariance
for more information on emission direction). True means the particles should be
oriented toward the emission direction, False means particles should be oriented
as billboards.

I never personally tested it out in anything, but it should still work, and is certainly worth a shot.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:01:46 PM by QuadStorm »

people should be given the option of extra accessories just for reaching specific points with coins.

like 100k, 500k, 1 mil, etc

more specifically a snake broom with 100k, because I want a snake broom

i always have extreme high ping on this server and it sucks because people get double hits on me during delays which makes me fly across the map
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:34:32 AM by Trogtor »

The struggle is real

always a wad of cash on the ceiling.

Why the forget would the host need donations ._. you can host for free so i don't see why he needs money

Why the forget would the host need donations ._. you can host for free so i don't see why he needs money
having connection to the internet costs money. hosting a dedicated server from a tower/service that isn't your own costs money.

I really doubt he's got a dedicated server just for 2 blocklands. He's probably using a linux VPS.