Is it possible to stop the hacking?

Author Topic: Is it possible to stop the hacking?  (Read 21163 times)

im not for the 'hacking' but i'm surprised you guys are reacting like this, I honestly expected this sooner, this is one of the first .dll mods for blockland, we have them for almost every sandbox games just like gmod, only blockland took longer to figure out since it's engine technology is from like 2003.

also stop calling it hacking because it's not hacking one bit, it's just injecting modifications to the game.

yikes... ok, let me give you guys a brain dump on how the hack works in terms of getting addresses to call/hook funcs, and how badspot can patch it.

When you make a hack you're gonna need to call and hook stuff, right? To do that, we need the addresses of the functions inside memory... the main hook in my source is GUIShapeNameHud::onRender, so lets pretend that the address of that is 0x1234. We need to hook it, so let's use detours:

Code: [Select]

//format: trampoline = (prototype)DetourFunction(address in mem, the func in c++);
OriginalRender = (onRenderFn)DetourFunction((PBYTE)0x1234, (PBYTE)Hooked_OnRender);

And if I did it right, it would hook the function and I could call OriginalRender whenever I want, its like the Parent::func syntax in TS.

That's not the point, though. If badspot updated the game, the address would most likely change too. So we do something called sigscaning to prevent that. This searches the entire module for a set of opcodes and returns an address where they were found. In this case, we would be searching for the opcodes at 0x1234... therefor, if the game updated and the address was now 0x1244, it would return the correct address.

The real signature of ::onRender is this:

Code: [Select]
"\x81\xec\x00\x00\x00\x00\x53\x8b\xd9\x8a\x83\xc9\x00\x00\x00\x84\xc0\x55\x56\x57\x89\x5c\x24\x14", "xx????xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

with the numbers representing opcodes, and the X's and the ?'s representing the mask. AKA, search for the opcodes that match with the x's, and ignore the ones with the ?'s.

So how can badspot fix this? Easy! Just change the first few lines of GuiShapeNameHud::onRender(), so the opcodes will be different, and voila- the hack is broken.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone has heard of my recent 'discovery' with a brand new deadly exploit that allows me to crash servers with a press of the button. Luckily the only people who have this build of the hack are responsible enough to not care/know what would happen if this reached the skids. Ever since my revoke and new key I got last night I've decided to hang up the towel and just stop hacking. I have been banned on the spot from 4 servers and perma'd from the rtb service with the key. I hope this post convinces you that I really am stopping.

Mustang has admitted to being a cunt using the hack before.

Until Badspot patches it, GMod will keep me company, anyway I'm not saying I'm leaving blockland, I'm just saying until baddy patches the game, because I'm gettin real tired of this hacking stuff.

Until Badspot patches it, GMod will keep me company, anyway I'm not saying I'm leaving blockland, I'm just saying until baddy patches the game, because I'm gettin real tired of this hacking stuff.
There's nothing you can find on this game that wouldn't be affected?

If someone wants to double check an auto-banner for the hack, I just finished up this one.

If someone has the hack please do make sure it works, as I don't have it nor do I even want it.
It checks the position, velocity, ping, and if you're standing on something every second and will auto-ban for 15 minutes if something is suspicious after 13 seconds. It starts warning after the 8th second.
This will not affect those who are lagging, as your pings are the same when lagging.
Is it possible we can change the ban time value to permanent to make it ban permanently?

Now, I'm not sure if anyone has heard of my recent 'discovery' with a brand new deadly exploit that allows me to crash servers with a press of the button. Luckily the only people who have this build of the hack are responsible enough to not care/know what would happen if this reached the skids.
Hopefully you "distributed" it to badspot so he can fix this. You should be looking into this for the purpose of fixing what's wrong with the game, not causing more trouble.

Apparently Computermix acts as if Badspot is, in shorter terms, a handicap that never fixes up Blockland and decided to rip it a new one by giving people the ability to cheat on public servers.

Nice way of waking people up, starfish.

Its actually good to see that Computermix is trying to help and it seems likes he pretty honest and I respect that

Its actually good to see that Computermix is trying to help and it seems likes he pretty honest and I respect that

He's a cigarettelord. He's not the good guy here.

Should someone inform Badspot of how to patch the hack?