Author Topic: Is it possible to stop the hacking?  (Read 21169 times)

so if our servers "mysteriously crash" after banning or angering one
You can only crash the server if you're in it so you can't get "revenge" for a ban like that

You can only crash the server if you're in it so you can't get "revenge" for a ban like that

people have alts

He came on Colten's server and started bragging about being an ulta-hacker and some stuff like that.

Am I surprised? Not at all.

I remember Computermix and Dotdot coming onto Dezcaban's Chernobyl server. They both started talking about things like the wallhack (Or EVP or whatever it's called, the ones where you can see people through walls) and an aimbot and stuff like that, I just left after a while because I didn't want anything to do about it and told pretty much nobody since I was afraid that they would do something (like dotdot dox'ing me, etc etc. I'm a pretty private person when it comes to the web)

No edit, I never get used to it.

Anyways, I know what I said above has probably already been said and everyone knows about it, but still, I hope a patch for this comes through very soon. 5 people with a hack could turn into 10 people, which turns into 20 people, which then goes off to 50 people, etc. etc.

I remember Computermix and Dotdot coming onto Dezcaban's Chernobyl server. They both started talking about things like the wallhack (Or EVP or whatever it's called, the ones where you can see people through walls) and an aimbot and stuff like that, I just left after a while because I didn't want anything to do about it and told pretty much nobody since I was afraid that they would do something (like dotdot dox'ing me, etc etc. I'm a pretty private person when it comes to the web)
How long ago was this? Computermix recently said he stopped associating with Dotdot, or something to that effect.

If I recall, wasn't there a console command to set a personal timescale? I remember people using it on knife TDMs to fall slower. I remember using it myself, and while glitchy it actually worked. Is it possible some form of that can be used as well?

If I recall, wasn't there a console command to set a personal timescale? I remember people using it on knife TDMs to fall slower. I remember using it myself, and while glitchy it actually worked. Is it possible some form of that can be used as well?
Yes there is, I reported someone during speedkart when it first came out. He was using a client command that made his own timescale slower making it easy to go over obstacles.

Yeah, although it's easily preventable.

Computermix, while I really do appreciate your heel-face-turn and coming clean (as does the rest of the forums), you made the biggest mistake in your Blockland career by releasing these, and it'll take a fair amount of work to fix it up.
Even private releases are problematic. We'd appreciate having the names and IDs of everyone who can crash a server instantly (so if our servers "mysteriously crash" after banning or angering one of them we know who is likely at fault), and I'm sure Badspot would love it if you PMed him the details of the vulnerability so he could fix it.
Also, what if these "responsible" people aren't so responsible? What if they gave it out to someone who pestered them... or even blackmailed them, as Dotdot might do?
Now, if they're well known for being responsible I wouldn't worry. I'd trust Ipquarx with just about anything short of my life, and TheBlackParrot seems pretty damn reliable as well.
As for the hack itself, has anyone actually been revoked for using it?

Also, a speedkart server with the anti-floathack script has literally nothing to fear from Blhack.dll except the crashy thingy. Those will soon be safe I predict.

But seriously I hope Badspot patches this stuff.
Still, the methods computermix used to actually done this, could've been useful to the blockland modding community. Like calling TorqueScript commands through C++. That sounds really nice, and imagine what you could do with it. (Imagining some awesome mods)
But after this aimbot, float-hack, etc. got spread around, this method, which could have been used for good has been again abused for cheating in a game, where you can build stuff. Really, and who needs an aimbot anyway? I'm pretty sure, that killing someone in Blockland is far easier than in any other ego-shooter game. The most weapon projectiles are shooting linear, making it even easier for you. (Except Gravity Cat's weapons.) The simplicity on how the map and the character is build up, allows you to "easily" get an overview of your environment and of your victims. This is not the case on the most ego-shooters, which run on high-end computers and are looking fantastically. Those have a more complex map graphics, structure and it's also not that easy anymore to directly get an overview of your environment and victims cause of other external stuff like fog, etc. Of course, the more you play in those maps, the better you get. Simple as stuff.

Still, the methods computermix used to actually done this, could've been useful to the blockland modding community. Like calling TorqueScript commands through C++. That sounds really nice, and imagine what you could do with it. (Imagining some awesome mods)
Why only "could"? It's still possible

If everyone who used this lost their key, they'd be much more reluctant to use it out of fear lol.

besides, what kind of worthless stuff-for-brains uses this hack anyway? It's not like it does anything but break game-modes and troll people. it'd be a favor to blockland to boot them out.

Why only "could"? It's still possible
I know, but what does it matter? Badspot is probarly working on a way to prevent it. That's what I meant. What I just said was, that computermix and dotdot should have used the methods to extend the blockland modding abilities, not for exploiting and cheating a game to unfairly receive advantages over others.

I'm pretty sure extending the modding abilities with the use of custom .dlls is a bad thing for the future of blockland.
Way too many ways to exploit the stuff out of servers.