Author Topic: My family's had a bad luck streak recently.  (Read 1448 times)

Bad luck, you say? Death has it out for my family.  A month after my daughter was born and one day after my birthday my mother had to be taken off of life support as she was in a progressive vegetative state. Last year on July 17th, my Grandmother passed away from lymphomic cancer. And just on the 9th of this year, my brother was killed in a horrible car accident.

I pray death takes a holiday next few summers to come. Between me and my Fiance, we have lost 15 family members in 2.5 years. Lots of funerals almost makes me numb to living life or even buying things anymore.

Bad luck, you say? Death has it out for my family.  A month after my daughter was born and one day after my birthday my mother had to be taken off of life support as she was in a progressive vegetative state. Last year on July 17th, my Grandmother passed away from lymphomic cancer. And just on the 9th of this year, my brother was killed in a horrible car accident.

I pray death takes a holiday next few summers to come. Between me and my Fiance, we have lost 15 family members in 2.5 years. Lots of funerals almost makes me numb to living life or even buying things anymore.

Well... you're boned.

Oh, man, dude... I've lost two relatives that I knew, my great uncle Wayne (who was missing the first finger on one hand past the first joint due to an accident in his youth), and my great-grandma smith (who was really really old)

Still, don't dwell on deaths. We are going to outlive someone important to us. Cherish the time you have with them. Make it count.

Well, looks like I'm going to have to go to work with him on Monday, otherwise it'd be near impossible to do his job (he's a home inspector). And before you ask, yes, I'm getting paid, so don't go off, saying, "Aw, that's not fair, making you work because of someone else's injury!"

I know you, forums. I know you...

Well, looks like I'm going to have to go to work with him on Monday, otherwise it'd be near impossible to do his job (he's a home inspector). And before you ask, yes, I'm getting paid, so don't go off, saying, "Aw, that's not fair, making you work because of someone else's injury!"

I know you, forums. I know you...
... You shouldn't get paid for helping your dad

... You shouldn't get paid for helping your dad

It's actual work, and I'm technically an employee of the same company anyway. It shouldn't be thought of as "getting paid to help my dad", but instead more akin to "getting paid as an assistant to a somewhat incapacitated man". Besides, I'm 17, and this is pulling me away from my other job.