Author Topic: Could this setup run Arma 3?  (Read 2367 times)

•CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Six-Core 3.20 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified) [+336]
•HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
•MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory [-50] (Corsair or Major Brand)
•MOTHERBOARD: (SLI/CrossFireX Support) MSI X79A-GD45 Plus Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Winki 3, OC Genie II, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16 & 4 PCIe X1
•SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
•VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+130] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

It also has a Pro OC (overclock) 10% Or more.

Could this computer run Arma 3? Plus any mods?

It looks like it could run ArmA 3, but I'm no computer spec expert by any means.

Get an i5 and put more money in the GPU. What PSU are you using?

Get an i5 and put more money in the GPU. What PSU are you using?
Wouldn't an i7 run better? What better Gpu could I buy? And a 850Watts Thermaltake. I know little about computers if you haven't noticed..

If you can run Arma 2 then you can run Arma 3, or so I'm told. Those are great specs, but I'm going to cringe at the price.

If you can run Arma 2 then you can run Arma 3, or so I'm told. Those are great specs, but I'm going to cringe at the price.
Yeah it's $2,100, and it comes with a Razer keyboard and Razer Mouse, And a headset, but I kinda need a new pc now so im paying another $70 for 2 day shipping.

Yeah it's $2,100, and it comes with a Razer keyboard and Razer Mouse, And a headset, but I kinda need a new pc now so im paying another $70 for 2 day shipping.
Criiiinge
You're being ripped off, but if you feel comfortable spending that much money, go for it I guess.

well arma 2 was the most clutterforget coded mess of a game i have ever played. it ran like stuff on even the best computers.
having not played arma3 beta, i would hope they improved on that. it needs to be optimized. a standard computer spec check isnt very legit on broken games like arma2.

Criiiinge
You're being ripped off, but if you feel comfortable spending that much money, go for it I guess.
Yeah I know, but It's my first serious gaming pc plus everyone said cyberpower pc is the best website to buy from, plus I do alot of Excel and Powerpoint projects too.

Yeah I know, but It's my first serious gaming pc plus everyone said cyberpower pc is the best website to buy from, plus I do alot of Excel and Powerpoint projects too.
Best way to do it is to buy the parts yourself (try Newegg.com) and build it yourself.

well arma 2 was the most clutterforget coded mess of a game i have ever played. it ran like stuff on even the best computers.
having not played arma3 beta, i would hope they improved on that. it needs to be optimized. a standard computer spec check isnt very legit on broken games like arma2.
Yeah it is pretty buggy, but I have games like Hawken and L4D2 to test it just to be sure. I'm mainly getting arma 2 just for DayZ Mod mainly to play with my friends. Plus I like to record my games and put them on youtube, so playing on pc is a big stepup for me.

Get something intensive at least then. Like Far Cry 3 or Battlefield 3.

ughhh
dudeeee
just stop looking at computers with prices like these
it's a waste of your time because you can ALWAYS get a better price

and that comp isnt overpriced. not with high end name brand peripherals like the razer items.

my monitor/mouse/speakers/keyboard alone total $1500

ughhh
dudeeee
just stop looking at computers with prices like these
it's a waste of your time because you can ALWAYS get a better price
just trying make sure I get a good PC, I only have one friend who knows alot about pcs but having one opinion isn't enough to make up my mind. Lol