8 (28.6%)
Freedom
6 (21.4%)
Duty
11 (39.3%)
Bandits
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Blockland: Shadow of Chernoblock : [Still Need A Modeler!]  (Read 20087 times)

Damn it I would be able to help with the building but I can't play it no more.
stuff.
there's always the dump of screenshots I have taken, if you do wanna help i can make a DL for them.

there's always the dump of screenshots I have taken, if you do wanna help i can make a DL for them.
Mhm.

Sure, I'll just point out ways things can be perfected by using paint.
And suggestions.

Server is now running Dedicated, and should not have any Lag or disconnection issues, as well as it being 24/7.

You can find Screenshots to get ideas on what to build (if you want) in this link

The destruction must be obviously placed perfectly. Notice that the brick effect on Blockland can be a toll on the brick count, but this cannot be dismissed. If you want the feel, you have to put destruction in the build many times. (Holes in the wall, broken windows, rubble, fire, smog/smoke.)

The bad factor is that terrain cannot be done unless it is specifically good well made. I would suggest using cubes. I really suggest talking to Phantom about terrain. Also, make your own trees in a huge varsity pack. Not huge but decent enough that you are not using the same 4 trees and placing them. Speaking of duplication, only do it correctly. Trees cannot be placed in a grid like fashion. Spread them out. (Apparently you already know this .-.)

You don't need to make every building accessible into the inside. Just make exteriors. Use black bricks and place them where windows are supposed to be if that house is suppose to just be there for aesthetics.

I would also like some screenshots of the current build. Just go on a screenshot spree and give them to me. I'll just give my suggestions.
(The build looks great so far, but the spawn lobby is meh.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:49:31 PM by Swat 3 »

The destruction must be obviously placed perfectly. Notice that the brick effect on Blockland can be a toll on the brick count, but this cannot be dismissed. If you want the feel, you have to put destruction in the build many times. (Holes in the wall, broken windows, rubble, fire, smog/smoke.)

The bad factor is that terrain cannot be done unless it is specifically good well made. I would suggest using cubes. I really suggest talking to Phantom about terrain. Also, make your own trees in a huge varsity pack. Not huge but decent enough that you are not using the same 4 trees and placing them. Speaking of duplication, only do it correctly. Trees cannot be placed in a grid like fashion. Spread them out. (Apparently you already know this .-.)

You don't need to make every building accessible into the inside. Just make exteriors. Use black bricks and place them where windows are supposed to be if that house is suppose to just be there for aesthetics.

I would also like some screenshots of the current build. Just go on a screenshot spree and give them to me. I'll just give my suggestions.
(The build looks great so far, but the spawn lobby is meh.)
Half of this is what I've been planning on doing, also i don't want to build trees, because blockland's brickcount max is 250,000. The map is going to be well over 200,000 or it might be, building trees will only increase the brickcount thus damaging the amount in which we can build something else, the first area that's show is a woodlands, so yes there's lots of trees, everywhere else the trees will be spaced out quite a lot, some areas might even have no trees depending. i've also been making builds look almost exactly like the ones in game, with ruble, broken walls, etc etc. But i appreciate your input a lot.

Alright, but I do suggest talking to Phantom.

He half did a terrain that I was hoping for.
The problem was the fact that he quit when he thought my RP wasn't going to do well, and I actually never finished it.

Server is in freebuild mode until i can transfer a proper colorset into it.

Swat, not everything is supposed to have the destructive apocalypse look.  Keep in mind most of the damage done by the Chernobyl meltdown was done in Chernobyl, the rest was genetic mutations and death caused by radioactive particles spread across Europe.  The rest was likely done by large type mutants like Pseudogiants and probably explosives like grenades or IEDs commonly used by bandits in traps.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:59:28 PM by blazerblock2 »

Swat, not everything is supposed to have the destructive apocalypse look.  Keep in mind most of the damage done by the Chernobyl meltdown was done in Chernobyl, the rest was genetic mutations and death caused by radioactive particles spread across Europe.  The rest was likely done by large type mutants like Pseudogiants and probably explosives like grenades or IEDs commonly used by bandits in traps.
Alright. I just looked at the pictures and saw destruction in a couple of pictures. There is a thing as over doing it though, but I am just sharing my suggestions.

Godspeed.

Snip.

I guess I have to redo my character template then.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:06:13 AM by BlockoBlocko »

Heres an album of awesome screenshots from stalker that im sure we could use
http://imgur.com/a/UvFT6

They're from Call of Pripyat but good pictures regardless.  Much appreciated.

Name: Vasily 'Shadow' Cherenkov
Faction: Mercenary (Loner sub)
Personality: Aggressive toward Freedom, Bandits, Monolith.  Friendly toward Loners, Duty.  Neutral toward Military, Ecologists.
Physical Traits: 6'4, muscular, pale skin, shaggy brown hair.
Mental Traits: Practically emotionless.

added ig picture of my character with bonus weapon

They're from Call of Pripyat but good pictures regardless.  Much appreciated.
Yeah i was aware, I wasn't sure yet if we are just doing the stalker world or strictly designed after SoC but yeah still cool peices in it.
Also I started school so im prob not gonna be able to help out as much (although I wasn't able to for long periods of time already lol)

Hmmm, what about making some references/easter eggs at the very least about Clear Sky? Granted, it was the weaker part of the Stalker trilogy but still, can we create characters that were ex-Clear Sky or whatnot ad well as potential events based off the aftermath?