HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?

Poll

What should happen to the price of HamHost?

Make it completely free. All features of the web control panel will br available for everybody.
Keep it free/premium, but give half of the features to free users.
Continue making more (web) control panel features for premium users, and occasionally make one for unpaid clients.
Keep adding more control panel features for premium users, but add none for free clients.
Make HamHost paid-only.

Author Topic: HamHost Dedicated Blockland servers | New poll: More free-user features?  (Read 101178 times)

I sent the email, since you havent replied..
I have now replied to the e-mail. Your server will be set up tomorrow, when the slots open.

Yay. <3

I went onto Pacnet2013's server to see how good the hosting is, I had 200 latency (pretty average for me) with around 10-15 players all spamming projectiles. Very nice.

Yay. <3

I went onto Pacnet2013's server to see how good the hosting is, I had 200 latency (pretty average for me) with around 10-15 players all spamming projectiles. Very nice.
I'll make improvements people suggested and put it back up tonight.

It's up. Here comes more stress testing.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:57:14 AM by {Pacnet2013} »

I haven't got an email back yet, if you sent one.

Also, i'm gonna be out all day tomorrow until around this time, so I hope you won't need me for anything.

Of course! It'll probably be half as expensive.

Alright, but let's say a good amount of people buy the package, could you expand the server size then and maybe upgrade it so us hosts can get better ping?

Alright, but let's say a good amount of people buy the package, could you expand the server size then and maybe upgrade it so us hosts can get better ping?
Yes, once the VPS's load reaches its max. capacity, I will of course get a new node or upgrade the current one.
But I think the current plan is sufficient for under 20 servers.

Nevermind. I sent you an email. Resolution issue is still not resolved for me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:45:58 PM by xSetrox »

Yes, once the VPS's load reaches its max. capacity, I will of course get a new node or upgrade the current one.
From experience, 20 servers on your spec is optimistic. You have to remember that if 2 servers crash you're pretty much out of CPU.

Will your dad pay for that one too?

Will your dad pay for that one too?

He's earning the money himself and then pays his dad for it.. we don't have credit cards of our own and can't at these ages

He's earning the money himself and then pays his dad for it.. we don't have credit cards of our own and can't at these ages
poor parents

Nevermind. I sent you an email. Resolution issue is still not resolved for me.
I replied to the e-mail just now.

Kinda odd you do all those chores just to pay for a Blockland hosting service, I certainly wouldn't do that.

From experience, 20 servers on your spec is optimistic. You have to remember that if 2 servers crash you're pretty much out of CPU.
I am going to create a system to automatically detect and terminate out-of-control servers which are using 50% CPU.
It archives the autosave.bls file before terminating the process, then restarts the Blockland server after a few seconds.
The System_HamHost add-on will also keep sending the latest system time to the Java program. This way, a server which is using 50% but has 33 or so players on it will not be ended.
From my observations, a Blockland server with this CPU spamming error will not be on the master list, and you cannot connect to it.