Author Topic: Is it possible to stop the hacking?  (Read 20815 times)

maybe badspot could make the client auto leave the server if it's not sending the player's movements to the server for ~10 seconds

IMO people are taking the 'hack' thing too seriously
If someone's floating, even in a DM, I don't see a huge issue with it. If they're floating in the middle of nowhere, it means they're a non moving target out of cover, and an easy shot

Its gamemodes like falling platforms they ruin

Its gamemodes like falling platforms they ruin
I could think of solutions to that
How about when the platforms fall, zone bricks everywhere other than the safe platform kill anyone in it?

I could think of solutions to that
How about when the platforms fall, zone bricks everywhere other than the safe platform kill anyone in it?
But then you get people stuck half-in and half-out of the zone. Also the fact that when the server isn't processing their movements they're immune to zones anyway. They regularly get into the killer water in Speedkart.

how about just banning the idiots

how about just banning the idiots
Some servers can't be assed to have admins present all the time.

feels like a soap opera in here

the king has returned
we are saved

But then you get people stuck half-in and half-out of the zone.
Zonebricks use triggers, which I believe detect by worldbox instead of a single .position field. Meaning a player can barely be in the zone and it would kill them.
I'm not too familiar with the hack, but I can't think of a way people could get in a safe zone in time to live without already being in it at the time the platforms fall.

Also the fact that when the server isn't processing their movements they're immune to zones anyway. They regularly get into the killer water in Speedkart.
It still keeps track of their positions, though.
And zones (triggers) and water are completely different things.

Keep in mind right now I'm not trying to say the hack doesn't matter, if it may seem that way; I'm just throwing out ideas for solutions.