Author Topic: my school is going to use 3d printing  (Read 8091 times)

I really want a 3D printer, but they are all so expensive!
If I could afford one, then I'd get this one: http://cubify.com/cube/index.aspx?gclid=CIHv4sP9-7gCFQ2Z4Aod1DsAKw

I really want a 3D printer, but they are all so expensive!
If I could afford one, then I'd get this one: http://cubify.com/cube/index.aspx?gclid=CIHv4sP9-7gCFQ2Z4Aod1DsAKw
Just for the record, 3D printers are probably going to get less and less expensive in the future. When normal printers just started getting made, they were over 1000 dollars. Now it's cheaper to get a new printer instead of getting new ink and toner. So just give it a few years.

Our school has had a 3D printer for a few years now.

Just for the record, 3D printers are probably going to get less and less expensive in the future. When normal printers just started getting made, they were over 1000 dollars. Now it's cheaper to get a new printer instead of getting new ink and toner. So just give it a few years.

I know, now normal printers cost people around $100-300, they used to be a lot more outrageously priced; now they're affordable at least.

Our school has had a 3D printer for a few years now.

Are they used for design or art classes of some sort?

Can someone tell me what a 3D printer actually prints?

Sorry, I don't keep up with technology.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:42:08 AM by BlockoBlocko »

Can someone tell me what a 3D printer actually prints?

Sorry, I don't keep up with technology.

3D things.

You mean like models? Damnnnnn.

Models and objects, and yeah I know it is pretty weird how technology changes over time.

The most recent technology is a wearable device like the Google Glass.

Models and objects, and yeah I know it is pretty weird how technology changes over time.

The most recent technology is a wearable device like the Google Glass.

Saw a guy with a google glass in a small cafe in New York.

Saw a guy with a google glass in a small cafe in New York.

Starbucks I'm guessing? I'm in the city too, I just checked your profile. When I go into Starbucks with my mom for a latte on Sunday's all I see are college students sitting down on their cruddy little Macbook Air's. I literally see nobody using Macbook Pro's anymore.

Starbucks I'm guessing? I'm in the city too, I just checked your profile. When I go into Starbucks with my mom for a latte on Sunday's all I see are college students sitting down on their cruddy little Macbook Air's. I literally see nobody using Macbook Pro's anymore.

No. It was a brunch cafe. Can't remember the name. :(

You mean like models? Damnnnnn.
It builds a model layer by layer using a powder solution and a laser or an extruder and ABS/PLA filament.

It builds a model layer by layer using a powder solution and a laser or an extruder and ABS/PLA filament.

It sounds so complicated. What material do you use to print these 3D models out?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:30:02 PM by sorrel »