Author Topic: What's with the low-res?  (Read 2573 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Uh... you can't just resize them to 1024 and expect them to look better.  You'd have to have the original source files (which for some textures is possible since they're from freely available resource packs, but others aren't). 

Note that there is no way to change the resolution of the terrain textures. 

Uh... you can't just resize them to 1024 and expect them to look better.  You'd have to have the original source files (which for some textures is possible since they're from freely available resource packs, but others aren't). 

Can't you change the following to get "smaller" (IE, more player oriented sized) textures?

new TerrainBlock(Terrain) {
      rotation = "1 0 0 0";
      scale = "1 1 1";
      terrainFile = "./Assault.ter";
      bumpTexture = "~/data/terrains/snow/TTicefrosty1";
      squareSize = "8";
      bumpScale = "7";
      bumpOffset = "0.01";
      zeroBumpScale = "6";
         locked = "true";
         position = "-1024 -1024 0";

Badspot

• Administrator
That will make the entire terrain smaller and denser, but it will still use 256x256 textures.  Also having a square size other than 8 currently screws up water blocks. 

I sharpened them too :cookieMonster:

I don't really know which of these look better.

The second one has bump map and sharpen filters on the brick and asphalt.

The second one looks alive, compared to the 1st one.

It just looks shinier, like they're wrapped in plastic or dipped in water. I think the default textures look just fine on the interiors.

I think the bump map should match the 2d texture. I use an emboss filter on photoshop for that sorta thing so the colors aren't messed up.