Author Topic: How do I pinpoint a brick's location if I have it's coords?  (Read 461 times)

So I'm tweaking and optimalizing my jail escape, fixing some bugs etc. One bug is a set of decorative doors closing every round while they are supposed to stay open during the entire host. I've found the culprit by looking into the save file, and it appears to be a 1x3x5 brick.

Now I can't seem to find this brick ingame since I have no idea how the .bls file works, and the mission editor pulls one of those 'drag a window around and it leaves a trail of windows' errors whenever I open it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached the image because Imgur was acting up and refused to upload.

First three words after the quotation mark at the end of the UI name are the position. Is that what you're asking?

Yeah, but in a useful way that I can locate ingame.

There are a lot of ways. One of the easiest is probably to just find out your position relative to it to get closer, and this works client-sided and server-sided.

Server-sided method:
talk(findClientByName(hhhhhh).player.getPosition()); (obviously it's not necessary to use talk if you'd rather not spam everyone's chat and use messageClient or something instead)

Client-sided method:
echo(ServerConnection.getControlOb ject().getPosition()); (i'm pretty sure this works)

and keep doing that until you get a good idea of what brick you're looking for. if you don't like that, there are other ways, but this is probably the easiest one.

Thanks a lot! Managed to find the brick.