Author Topic: Planet Civilization - pm me if you actually want it up that badly  (Read 8544 times)

maybe there was a ninja update that was so small nobody had to download it that made our non existant ground addon break
kitkat youre a GENIUS

I KNOW WHY IT DOESNT WORK

shell figured it out thanks to me omg i'm not useless any more

im sorry i called you a cohost bb
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:18:13 PM by Shell »

well stuff it appears there's ANOTHER problem

when i load as saved owner, the bricks are either A. mine or B. public rather than C. saved owner

just give the ones who actually built bases (like 4 people) full trust and load it as your own

implying i know torquescript
bish do you even know who i am

oh right shell's hosting i forgot to tell everyone

IGN:Firestorm
BLID:14149
Who can recommend you:Mr.KitKat, Hunt456, Cedieth(is he even alive anymore?), Shell
What will you be able to do for the server:Keep things orderly, deal with player problems so you and shell can focus on major gameplay issues

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:19:57 PM by firestorm »

that app was looking p. good until i saw that you commented on the warning

https://github.com/Tungul/Script_JoinFirst/raw/master/Script_JoinFirst.zip

this untested add-on should work to fix your little problem
a few things of note
1: i'm really frigging rusty at torquescript so this may have errors
2: it's untested so i obviously didn't catch any errors should they exist
3: it works as follows
a: client joins server
b: client tries to chat
c: if client is NOT admin and has NOT joined a team (via /jointeam team) it will not send the message, and will automagically show them /rules and throw a line on the bottom that says "You're muted until you join a team."

because of the logic used there's a very minor exploit that lets people bypass the chat block without actually joining the team, but if you're bright enough to figure that out you're bright enough to not be stupid and spam
the add-on is a filter of sorts.
i'll pm you the details if you want, but suffice to say it's not a dangerous vulnerability, and i can patch it if you send me the exact team names that you enter, eg "/jointeam lava"

any questions
pm me if it doesn't work

PS you can enable it on the server without rebooting by putting it in the server's add-ons folder and running setmodpaths(getmodpaths());exec("add-ons/script_joinfirst/server.cs");
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:56:59 PM by Lugnut »

bump b/c it's up idk if this was even a bump i just went from my profile's recent posts

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:57:49 PM by Shell »

So I take it the mod works?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:40:53 PM by MrKitKat »