Author Topic: (Deprecated) Brick Texture Selector  (Read 45566 times)

wtf do I do with the text document in those things?

wtf do I do with the text document in those things?
nothing, put the brickTexture_Name into addons make sure you have client_brickTextures in there aswell then go to start game and click brick textures

It's a shame this workaround for zip extraction is necessary otherwise this would be a pretty neat thing to have. I stand by the fact I think this needs an official implementation but this works for the meantime.

It's a shame this workaround for zip extraction is necessary otherwise this would be a pretty neat thing to have. I stand by the fact I think this needs an official implementation but this works for the meantime.
I'm in the process of recoding the downloader because for some reason it doesn't work for everyone, after I do that I'll integrate it so the gui fits in with everything else

I have rewrote the entire downloader, hopefully it should work for everyone now it works
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:19:40 PM by swollow »

I have rewrote the entire downloader, hopefully it should work for everyone now it works
yey

Still does not work for me.

Finally!  Blockland needed this mod the day that the new launcher was released.  Good work, sir.

Hmm. My texture selection gui shows up like this

Still doesn't work, but i am looking forward to it!

okay I don't even understand why this isn't working, I practically copied all of the code from slayer's auto updater

can someone who it's not working for copy and paste this into their console and tell me what happens?
Code: [Select]
swolDownloader_downloadFile("dl.dropboxusercontent.com","/u/50959273/Pics/Blockland_00065.png",80,"config/test.png","test.png",1,0);

okay I don't even understand why this isn't working, I practically copied all of the code from slayer's auto updater

can someone who it's not working for copy and paste this into their console and tell me what happens?
swolDownloader_downloadFile("dl.dropboxusercontent.com","/u/50959273/Pics/Blockland_00065.png",80,"config/test.png","test.png",1,0);
I tested it, and it didn't seem to affect anything. It just showed a gui that said "Downloading" with a loading bar, then that disappeared. Then nothing else happened.

EDIT:
I went into the brick selector gui and clicked download for all of the texture packs, and this is what happened:

EDIT 2:
WAIT!
I think I know what's wrong.
All of these packs for the textures have bad links in them!
This is what I found in BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/info.txt:
Squideey's New Studs
Squideey
/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/
dl.dropboxusercontent.com:80
Does it need to be searching for /u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds.zip/ ?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
FU-
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:47:06 PM by Mrmii21 »

I tested it, and it didn't seem to affect anything. It just showed a gui that said "Downloading" with a loading bar, then that disappeared. Then nothing else happened.

I clicked the download button on one, then I went to the png file and tried to open it. Here's what it said:

EDIT:
I went into the brick selector gui and clicked download for all of the texture packs, and this is what happened:

EDIT 2:
WAIT!
I think I know what's wrong.
All of these packs for the textures have bad links in them!
This is what I found in BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/info.txt:
Squideey's New Studs
Squideey
/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/
dl.dropboxusercontent.com:80
Does it need to be searching for /u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds.zip/ ?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
FU-
No on the dropbox server the images are stored in folders
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickTOP.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickBOTTOMEDGE.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickBOTTOMLOOP.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickSIDE.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickRAMP.png

like so, this is not the problem

when you typed this in:
swolDownloader_downloadFile("dl.dropboxusercontent.com","/u/50959273/Pics/Blockland_00065.png",80,"config/test.png","test.png",1,0);did it go to 100% or did it just freeze and do nothing? check your config folder for an image called "test.png"