Author Topic: (Deprecated) Brick Texture Selector  (Read 45579 times)

Why did he have to update it after I got version 1... Well, even though it worked for me yesterday, atleast it works always now.
Hmm. My texture selection gui shows up like this

You need to hit download for each of them. Then it will allow you to apply them.

Alright, tried the game with the... ehhhh... "textures" that appear in my previous post.
Holy mother of jesus, what have you done to my game.

Also, my new player:

EDIT:
I think I understand what's wrong now.
in Documents\Blockland\config\client\brickTextures, there are a bunch of folders containing the textures that we download.
What's wrong is that all of the .png files are unreadable for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:09:49 PM by Mrmii21 »

Why did he have to update it after I got version 1... Well, even though it worked for me yesterday, atleast it works always now.You need to hit download for each of them. Then it will allow you to apply them.
because the old downloader wasn't working for everyone for some reason, and it appears it still doesn't work for everyone

Alright, tried the game with the... ehhhh... "textures" that appear in my previous post.
Holy mother of jesus, what have you done to my game.

Also, my new player:

lmao thats hilarious, I have no idea what happened there
go to config/client/ and delete the folder called brickTextures

I'd appreciate it if all of you people who are having issues contacted me via skype or steam so that I could work this out

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickTOP.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickBOTTOMEDGE.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickBOTTOMLOOP.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickSIDE.png
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50959273/Textures/BrickTexture_SquideeyNewStuds/brickRAMP.png

Hmmmm
I have an idea...

EDIT:
It didn't work. D:
I tried putting these links into the info.txt inside the .zip file
what resulted is a frozen loading bar
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:21:55 PM by Mrmii21 »

Hmmmm
I have an idea...

EDIT:
It didn't work. D:
I tried putting these links into the info.txt inside the .zip file
what resulted is a frozen loading bar
thats because that's not how the loader handles it, it takes the beginning link and tacks on the endings

Code: [Select]
swolDownloader_downloadFile("dl.dropboxusercontent.com","/u/50959273/Pics/Blockland_00065.png",80,"config/test.png","test.png",1,0);please do this and check your config folder for "test.png" tell me if it's there and if its corrupted or not

please do this and check your config folder for "test.png" tell me if it's there and if its corrupted or not

Oh yeahhh!
I found it, and it cannot be opened.

http://youtu.be/d-vQ1WHD8pI
this is how it should work, I don't know why it isn't working for everyone :(

all of the textures are bricks....

ya I'm currently working out some glitches where it doesn't work for some people, if your textures are bricks just check back later and I may have fixed it

That's because the png files get corrupt (from being downloaded improperly?) so then Blockland says "Hmm... Well, the bricks still need textures. Let's use this default file, cause bricks are boss." In summary, Blockland uses the bricks because their some default png file, and the files it would have used otherwise are corrupt.

I updated the file again, this may or may not work I lack people to test it for me, due to weird downloading in torque its difficult to download images

try
Swol_testDownload();
this should download an image to your config
Swol_testDownload(1);
this should download a zip to your config
Swol_testDownload(2);
this should download a text file to your config

can someone try these for me please?

I updated the file again, this may or may not work I lack people to test it for me, due to weird downloading in torque its difficult to download images

try
Swol_testDownload();
this should download an image to your config
Swol_testDownload(1);
this should download a zip to your config
Swol_testDownload(2);
this should download a text file to your config

can someone try these for me please?
Tried them all with the same result. The loading bar comes up, but never loads anything.

Having the same problem as mrmii

Having the same problem as mrmii
ya I need to sort out the downloader, sorry
temporary lock