Author Topic: Garry's Mod textures and shaders completely broken.  (Read 2791 times)

For some time now, everything in Garry's Mod has been like this.

I tried asking the Steam Community page but apparently nobody believed me there and just said they didn't have the problem.

I have almost every source engine game, so I know I have the content, it's just that Garry's Mod refuses to work with it. I tried updating everything, but I suspect something related to Steampipe is the issue, because I never had these problems beforehand. I've played this with my onboard graphics and my video card, so i doubt that's an issue either. Am I going to have to reinstall all my source games? I already did it to garrys mod to no avail.

For some time now, everything in Garry's Mod has been like this.

I tried asking the Steam Community page but apparently nobody believed me there and just said they didn't have the problem.

I have almost every source engine game, so I know I have the content, it's just that Garry's Mod refuses to work with it. I tried updating everything, but I suspect something related to Steampipe is the issue, because I never had these problems beforehand. I've played this with my onboard graphics and my video card, so i doubt that's an issue either. Am I going to have to reinstall all my source games? I already did it to garrys mod to no avail.
yes

You would expect that. Garry can play Sims 3 but can't update Garry's Mod.

Meanwhile, Garry plays The Sims 3 and neglects his mod in it's time of need.

Have you verified the integrity of the game cache?

Have you verified the integrity of the game cache?

yup. multiple times and with each of my source games too. looks like i'm stuck with reinstalling everything hah.

yup. multiple times and with each of my source games too. looks like i'm stuck with reinstalling everything hah.
You could try disabling a few games in the mounting menu and see if that makes a difference.