I'm grounded to "prevent myself from getting bad grades"

Author Topic: I'm grounded to "prevent myself from getting bad grades"  (Read 10339 times)

such is advice for a 17-18 year old who is moving on and out from his parents

but not advice for some 15 year old kid

such is advice for a 17-18 year old who is moving on and out from his parents

but not advice for some 15 year old kid
I still disagree. A fifteen year old is capable of caring for themselves. Maybe not 100%, but for day-to-day choices like what they want to spend their time on, I think a fifteen year old is capable of understanding the importance of school. Whether or not they pay attention to that is irrelevant, it's really the kids choice. Because of that, I think the parents should loosen restriction on what they spend their time on and hope their kid is successful. A parent bird doesn't carry a bird out of its nest, it shows it how to fly then hope it follows suit. I really hope that this entire argument has actually made an impact on Trogtor of some kind that pushes him to try harder in school though. Life can be hard, especially when you get dealt a stuffty hand of cards that includes something like autism, but that doesn't mean you can't still do the best you can.

I still disagree. A fifteen year old is capable of caring for themselves. Maybe not 100%, but for day-to-day choices like what they want to spend their time on, I think a fifteen year old is capable of understanding the importance of school. Whether or not they pay attention to that is irrelevant, it's really the kids choice. Because of that, I think the parents should loosen restriction on what they spend their time on and hope their kid is successful. A parent bird doesn't carry a bird out of its nest, it shows it how to fly then hope it follows suit. I really hope that this entire argument has actually made an impact on Trogtor of some kind that pushes him to try harder in school though. Life can be hard, especially when you get dealt a stuffty hand of cards that includes something like autism, but that doesn't mean you can't still do the best you can.
a fifteen year old doesn't have the proper judgement that's needed to live in a world like this

Try to reason with your father, and if that's out of the question, then just study harder :v

a fifteen year old doesn't have the proper judgement that's needed to live in a world like this
Maybe not 100%, but for day-to-day choices like what they want to spend their time on, I think a fifteen year old is capable of understanding the importance of school [and a balanced life].

Also, keep in mind a 15 year old is 83.33% of the way to legal adulthood. The stuff you learn in the following three years is not that revolutionary that it completely prepares you for the real world. A 15 year old is more capable than you give them credit for.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:03:04 PM by $trinick »

Also, keep in mind a 15 year old is 83.33% of the way to legal adulthood. The stuff you learn in the following three years is not that revolutionary that it completely prepares you for the real world. A 15 year old is more capable than you give them credit for.
i understand that, i've been one before
but my point is there's no such thing as a 15 year old who's ready to just up and leave his family and start a life on his own-- most 15 year olds still find snake jokes funny, most 15 year olds wouldn't be able to handle high-pressure situations like car accidents or parties without making some sizable mistakes, and most 15 year olds wouldn't be able to keep a house clean for a good period of time on their own-- dishes and laundry