Support: Item/Weapon Stacking

Author Topic: Support: Item/Weapon Stacking  (Read 1258 times)

I think it's time somebody invested time into making a snip of code that supports item stacking. By item stacking I mean: say you have a pill. If you pick another one up, a small number would appear on or next to the icon in your inventory displaying how many you now have.

Kinda like this, or something similar.

In the code, players could specify the max amount of a stack a player could hold for that item/weapon.
Id recommend the hard limit being at 99 to save a third digit space.

I'm not sure if this is possible the way Id want it without a client (which would be optimal to not resort to), but Id like to hear some feedback on this: what would work, what wouldn't, what is impossible to do.

This is nice /support

anything involving GUIs would require a client add-on

By god, Nobody, you're brilliant! It shouldn't be for weapons, though, more like supplies, maybe an RTB server preference on what items you want to stack out of the list of your add-ons?

It would make more sense for it to a separate property added to an item's datablock.

By god, Nobody, you're brilliant! It shouldn't be for weapons, though, more like supplies, maybe an RTB server preference on what items you want to stack out of the list of your add-ons?

Well, what about items with a single use?

Like throwing knives?

It would make more sense for it to a separate property added to an item's datablock.

That would be preferable, but wouldn't it still need some kind of support?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:25:12 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Yes, unless you were have some sort of wacky center prints or something there would be no way to get around that.

Well then, oh well.
It would still be useful enough.

I actually added this like 4 years ago for a server I was making, I'll dig up a screenshot of it later.

I actually added this like 4 years ago for a server I was making, I'll dig up a screenshot of it later.
Awesome!
Hopefully it gets put into the game, unlike the helicopter vehicle class.

Woah, neat!
Dig up more than just a screenshot!

would it be possible to swap the item icon each time for the person, or would it have to be a completely new item for having itemx2 instead of itemx3

would it be possible to swap the item icon each time for the person, or would it have to be a completely new item for having itemx2 instead of itemx3

See, that's what I was thinking. Prolly' didn't specify it well enough though.
I can't imagine that not being possible.