Author Topic: Making a new horror mod - need brain fuel  (Read 1928 times)

I want everyone to know something: The renderman mod is finished. The development of it has come to an end, and while I enjoyed myself I'm not getting back into that.

While I was making it, however, I noticed that a lot of people gave very good suggestions in the mod topic. I am aware that this topic could well go in Modification Discussion, but I think seeing as there's always a renderman server up at a given time, this fits the criteria of "general blockland stuff".

I'm making a new horror mod now. While I'm not sure of a release after I'm done using it on my upcoming horror map server, I want to make sure that it is as scary as I can make it. I have some good ideas I came up with myself written down (without giving anything away) but in order to make it as good as I can I need some of your input.

Keep in mind that:
- The new mod does NOT use playerobjects - it uses textures to create things such as floating faces and some functions I defined to give them a constant position and consistency within the world.
- I will not mess with or interpret the environment settings in my mod.
- It is not going to be anything like the renderman was.
- I am no longer above kicking people from the server when the "monster" catches them.
- No matter what the mod turns out to be, I will name the file "Support_MrKitty".
- Shadow people.

Anyway, post your ideas below. Now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:08:26 PM by chrisbot6 »

Ogreten - he is a green ugly ogre, he makes creepy noises, and he floats around the map. He feeds off of others being horrified.

I hope you use my idea ^

forget i hate it when bisjac's right

forget i hate it when bisjac's right
):

bisjac is always right.

nice how you raise hype with a topic to boost your ego, even though you are going to release it anyways.

perhaps every addon maker should make a topic days before putting it on rtb. pretending they may or may not do it just to enjoy having people beg him.

this is the punchline

this is the punchline
oh

Dude no you got the wrong idea

I'm just looking for some inspiration, of course this is coming out as long as it does well on the server, but i'm not going to release a half assed mod

wouldn't this be more in modifcation discussion though

make a floating weapon
like a poltegiest
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:41:35 PM by The Resonte! »

wouldn't this be more in modifcation discussion though
Should I move it?

I figured it would get more attention here. Nobody really visits Modification Discussion in my experience and i've made server topics here without any problems.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:38:45 PM by chrisbot6 »

THE REJECTED MAN!!!

He is a lego minifigure that screams and laughs evilly. He is like the renderman, just with different behaviors. If you look him in the eye for 5 seconds, you will die while you have a missingno-ish texture. When invisible, he says something in a creepy, fainting voice. (ex: Whhhhoooo's ttthhhheeerrreeee?) He spawns floating lego heads with scary faces that also laughes and screams but less scary and quieter then the Rejected Man. They are called Lost Souls.

THE REJECTED MAN!!!

He is a lego minifigure that screams and laughs evilly. He is like the renderman, just with different behaviors. If you look him in the eye for 5 seconds, you will die while you have a missingno-ish texture. When invisible, he says something in a creepy, fainting voice. (ex: Whhhhoooo's ttthhhheeerrreeee?) He spawns floating lego heads with scary faces that also laughes and screams but less scary and quieter then the Rejected Man. They are called Lost Souls.

if this gets created... i will be so happy i will call bloody mary and she will be the SECOND scariest demon ad yes i want to see teh mod :)

Ogreten - he is a green ugly ogre, he makes creepy noises, and he floats around the map. He feeds off of others being horrified.

I hope you use my idea ^
flying richards
THE REJECTED MAN!!!

This topic was a mistake.