Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division [Coming to PC's near you!]  (Read 2083 times)

WHAT?! IT IS COMING FOR PC?! BUT THEY SAID IT WAS NEXT-GEN ONLY?!
Story time:
Ubisoft first showed this game at E3 this year, saying it would be a game for the next-gen consoles only.
After E3, responding on a lot of feedback, they said: "If you want The Division on PC, show us that you want it. Start petitions, discuss why we should do it, etc."
Now they released a video in which they told us that they listened to the people, the public.
And they were happy to announce that it is coming to PC.

Okay, so what is this?
It's an online, open-world RPG experience where exploration and player-progression are essential, according to the website.
It is mostly seen as something like DayZ, but more modern/futuristic.

Story behind this crap?
Really? You want to know the story behind this?
*sigh*
Quote from: The Division Website
A devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City, and one by one, basic services fail. In only days, without food or water, society collapses into chaos. The Division, a classified unit of self-supported tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, The Division agents are trained to operate independently of command, as all else fails.

Fighting to prevent the fall of society, the agents will find themselves caught up in an epic conspiracy, forced to combat not only the effects of a manmade virus, but also the rising threat of those behind it. When everything collapses, your mission begins.
Alright, there ya go.

No pix no clix.
Visit the website, but have these 3 for now.

Oh look, police station shootouts.

SUPERMODERN MAP SYSTEM OGM

SO REALISTIC!

Discuss awesomeness of this game and/or your fear for how much Ubisoft is gonna forget this up.
Just like Watch Dogs i fear. :C

Pls don't be P2W.
Pls.

Its really lovey. I'd buy it but i cant since i dont have a pc lol.

Cant wait for watch dogs though. watch dogs will be good.

forget I can't wait for this

I hope they give you the option to essentially turn off PvP.

yayyyy

also. i will make it my game goal to hunt down anyone suspected of playing with a tablet.
friends need to die

"If you want The Division on PC, show us that you want it. Start petitions, discuss why we should do it, etc."
implying you need a loving reason

just looking at the screenshots made me stuff my pants i'm going to need to SLI like three Titans for that stuff holy christ

just looking at the screenshots made me stuff my pants i'm going to need to SLI like three Titans for that stuff holy christ
Or Ubisoft needs to work on Optimizing their games better. Crytek's games have had.....spotty optimization in the past. Crysis 1 didn't need a monster super computer more as they forgot to properly optimize the game. I mean, it looks great and obvisouly was ahead of it's time to an extent, but their op. code was cheesed more or less.

implying you need a loving reason
It is a bit stupid yeah, but on the other end, they invested a lot in it for the console versions.
To invest even more for a PC version is a choice they have to make.
This is not only porting the game, but also sustaining the servers for the PC version.

yayyyy

also. i will make it my game goal to hunt down anyone suspected of playing with a tablet.
friends need to die
Yes they are threat to the tower master race. They have to die.

Or Ubisoft needs to work on Optimizing their games better. Crytek's games have had.....spotty optimization in the past. Crysis 1 didn't need a monster super computer more as they forgot to properly optimize the game. I mean, it looks great and obvisouly was ahead of it's time to an extent, but their op. code was cheesed more or less.
even if this thing was supremely optimized i feel like this thing would still bring my single 660ti to it's knees lol

even if this thing was supremely optimized i feel like this thing would still bring my single 660ti to it's knees lol
Well considering that it's supposed to run smoothly on the less-powerful next gen consoles it'll probably run fine. Some games look great but run very smoothly.

Welp, E3 2013 is finally complete.

Crossing my fingers for no forget ups.

Even though they probably will forget it up.