Author Topic: High School sucks so far for me  (Read 5901 times)

i know people that have done it, ive watched it. honestly it really isnt that hard physically lol. yeah its hard im sure with memorizing all the movements and playing an instrument at the same time, but other then that its pretty easy.strong endurance? having four blisters and walking the hot weather requires strong endurance? lol get real dude, youre just finding things to complain about.

I hate when people say this.
Marching band is much more than "walking". You don't ever walk in marching band, you have to march, which requires you to roll your feet from heel to toe every step. There is left and right marching where you have to cross your legs, there are turns, backwards marching, all whilst facing the audience at a certain horn angle.

Sure it isn't as physically demanding as other things, but I dislike that people think it's so easy just by what they've watched.

People that aren't in marching band tend to think it's not difficult for some reason, as if learning precise movements with a specific number of steps and direction while staying in formation and in rhythm isn't a challenge. That is while playing loudly which requires a lot of air and keeping your horn at a certain angle and facing forward always.
don't forget the size of the steps, and the fact that you have to memorize not only all of your movements, but also all of the music!

Marching band is very mentally demanding if not physically, and a lot of hard work goes into it. (You can't just look at a song and play it perfectly with all of the key changes, rhythms, dynamics, articulation, style, etc.)
By the way, what do you mean "other than that", lol. You basically just said "other than marching and playing, marching band is easy".

What you said is the equivalent of saying "What's so hard about football? All you do is run around with a ball and run into people." It's easy to assume such things when you haven't experienced them.
OT: Electro, you're being over dramatic as usual. Marching band is hard when you first start but gets easier as you learn how to do things. I'm guessing your school didn't have a rookie camp and a band camp (Mines has both) to condition the rookies before school begins, to march.

and it sucks duck
argh forget you OP you made me inhale my sprite

the way you described marching makes it sound like you can get calf cramps very easily
most painful sport

I hate when people say this.
Marching band is much more than "walking". You don't ever walk in marching band, you have to march, which requires you to roll your feet from heel to toe every step. There is left and right marching where you have to cross your legs, there are turns, backwards marching, all whilst facing the audience at a certain horn angle.

Sure it isn't as physically demanding as other things, but I dislike that people think it's so easy just by what they've watched.

Marching band is very mentally demanding if not physically, and a lot of hard work goes into it. (You can't just look at a song and play it perfectly with all of the key changes, rhythms, dynamics, articulation, style, etc.)
By the way, what do you mean "other than that", lol. You basically just said "other than marching and playing, marching band is easy".

What you said is the equivalent of saying "What's so hard about football? All you do is run around with a ball and run into people." It's easy to assume such things when you haven't experienced them.
you obv arent getting me, all im saying is that it isnt hard physically, i never said marching band is like super easy and anyone can do it. i play an instrument and thats hard enough, im saying that its really dumb when people make out marching band to be like the hardest "sport" ever. you really dont have to worry about injuries and the only time you are going to get winded is if you are playing like a Annoying Orangeet or something but honestly thats still nothing (compared to sports like football)

You make marching band sounds like an extremely mental and physical challenge

Like I said, I do marching band and its not hard physically or mentally really...
Maybe for you but certainly not for me

You make marching band sounds like an extremely mental and physical challenge

Like I said, I do marching band and its not hard physically or mentally really...

Did you not read what I wrote lol?
"Sure, it isn't as physically demanding as other things"

By mentally, I meant actually playing the music how it's supposed to be played, memorization of the songs and steps, etc. Unless your band just isn't good, I don't know how you disagree.

In my school, marching band is about the hardest activity there is (Sports are a close second), I'm not sure if that's just because we try to make it as perfect as we can or what. Not to mention our football team is very good as well.

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying marching band is the hardest thing to do in the world, but bands never get as much credit as they deserve for the work they put in, that's all. (I'm just assuming that all high schools are similar.)

What instrument do you play, Gajin?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:56:07 PM by Evan5626 »

I have marching band and my feet are hurting like hell from walking around all day so I get yelled at by my instructor because I'm limping. The only thing I like is the 4 periods.
you shouldn't be in marching band if you can't carry your own weight
I do marching band and its not hard physically or mentally really...
this isn't true if your school actually tries

how long do you practice for, elecro? how about you try practicing from 3:50 to 9:00 directly after school for a day before complaining about how your feet hurt
and for the record, i play baritone.

you shouldn't be in marching band if you can't carry your own weightthis isn't true if your school actually tries

how long do you practice for, elecro? how about you try practicing from 3:50 to 9:00 directly after school for a day before complaining about how your feet hurt
and for the record, i play baritone.

Sousaphone here~

I'm pretty sure the girl I sit by in Biology likes me but she's fugly.
The irony is that every girl you're ever had a crush on probably had the same thought.

The irony is that every girl you're ever had a crush on probably had the same thought.

This. Be grateful at least someone might like you more than a friend, lol.

what if he's handsome and you don't know it

what if he's handsome and you don't know it
have you seen him?

What instrument do you play, Gajin?
i play piano but not like, seriously. i can read sheet music like really slowly but i mostly just do stuff by ear. and it tgets you bitches B)

have you seen him?
obviously no- OH GODQYDUAISHFBCN
well to be fair i'm not very secure about my looks either

you shouldn't be in marching band if you can't carry your own weightthis isn't true if your school actually tries

what, I don't think I could carry my body weight that's just crazy

And our band is pretty good btw