Poll

Are you gonna join the server and build?

Yes. I will contribute to the build.
Yes. Only to see the progress and explore.
No. I would download the save when it's finshed.
No. I don't like this idea. I would not download the save, or join the server.
Maybe. (Please post)

Author Topic: Giant Modter Block Party! (Gigantic Community Terrain Map) OPEN NOW!!  (Read 7898 times)

It's a well known fact that since the loss of terrain no one has tried to create an amazing modter map that has been released public for use by everyone.

Badspot's block party and all of it's spinoffs have produced amazing terrain. What if we combine that with the terrain bricks and harsh moderation that exists on Badspot's so everyone can create a huge, awesome, multipurpose terrain map?

Well, you get this.

Originally an ideas thread, this is now a server being hosted. Please join in and contribute!

Check the thread for pictures! Stay in the thread for updates!

Server is hosted 24/7 on RTB! Post pictures of your cool builds and compliment others.

SCREENSHOTS:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:44:06 PM by Megaguy2 »

what if you cant use modterrain?

Badspot's block party and all of it's spinoffs have produced amazing terrain. What if we combine that with the terrain bricks and harsh moderation that exists on Badspot's so everyone can create a huge, awesome, multipurpose terrain map? After it's deemed finshed (Don't know how long block parties last if they're good) The save can be released and everyone will have an awesome terrain map to use for whatever. Themes can be simple, Deserts, Plains, Etc.

The only addons that'd be needed would be Modter and the duplicator and fillcan as well as terrain build rules.
Possibly some other stuff like builder ban. It should all be kept relatively default except for the modter so people can use the saves whenever they want.

Would anyone be interested in this? I might host it. Lemme know if you support it or have any ideas.

I tried to do this before on my dedicated server but no one ever joined. I can hist something like this again since I have a 24/7 dedicated server

what if you cant use modterrain?
This really doesn't contribute anything to the thread at all.

Updated the main post with some more information to flesh the idea out a bit.

so it's just going to be like a giant community-made modtier terrain build?

that seems cool

so it's just going to be like a giant community-made modtier terrain build?

that seems cool
Yeah, basically. It depends on how many people would actually contribute though... I'm only really gonna host this if people bother to turn up.

This sounds pretty neat, i'd like to see what would come out of it

Sounds very nice
/support

I can hist something like this again since I have a 24/7 dedicated server
Wouldn't hosting be better? :3

I tried to do this before on my dedicated server but no one ever joined. I can hist something like this again since I have a 24/7 dedicated server
Sorry dude but i'd prefer to host mine. Competition in this would basically only end in both projects not being finshed. Hope you understand. I have a dedicated server too, I just need to move what it's currently set up for into it's own gamemode so i can select to host that at any time.

Wow, bump. Guess no one really cares about having publically released modter terrain maps...

Wow, bump. Guess no one really cares about having publically released modter terrain maps...

i'd loving love a map like this

as some of you know i took 36 hours of my own time over the summer to build a huge cube terrain map for dm's

i think this would be great and i wouldn't have to take so much time for ctf and stuff

so is it up or what
No, i'm looking to see if more than like 4 people actually like the idea so I can see if hosting this would be worth my time... I dont want to host something that no one is going to join.

This really doesn't contribute anything to the thread at all.
Of course it does, what the forget? If you can't modter, how can you help?

Anyway, I have a server you could use for it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:29:59 PM by Mounds Bar »