Author Topic: Sophomore Day  (Read 3780 times)

Hey, guys, I just got back from sophomore day at my new high school and there had to be at least 300 kids there, see, when I came out of the 6th grade I had been with a lot of them that are going there now and I was likely severely autistic, over the years I improved and I'm pretty much normal now, kind worried of what they might think, but I wanna make a good impression on this new start.

Any tips to get over social-anxiety?

Actually talk to people and try not to be awkward.

Works for me.

Actually talk to people and try not to be awkward.

Works for me.
So, be yourself?

Laugh and smile a lot. Ask girls questions and laugh at their not funny jokes. You know the drill

Laugh and smile a lot. Ask girls questions and laugh at their not funny jokes. You know the drill
Do I joke around too?

Do I joke around too?
yeah of course
just don't make anything complicated. people get lost easily in things that stretch out too long

Do I joke around too?

as long as it could never be perceived as insulting, sure

never make your joke about them or people they could conceivably know/like

yeah of course
just don't make anything complicated. people get lost easily in things that stretch out too long
I'm worried I'll try too hard.

So, be yourself?
Pretty much. Don't do anything that would be socially unacceptable unless you get to know your limits.

Pretty much. Don't do anything that would be socially unacceptable unless you get to know your limits.
So, no grabbing ass at the school dances?

So, no grabbing ass at the school dances?
if you're not a stranger to them and you're pretty confident in yourself, go for it.  otherwise it's kinda weird and creepy.

I start my first day of being a sophomore on the 9th of next month.

grab the ass
dont hold back

im having trouble with this

and laugh at their not funny jokes
Just make a face that says, "that joke was awful."

works for me