Author Topic: Fake Steam Community links going around  (Read 7150 times)

Manty just sent me this message and I was silly enough to click it before reading the URL. The website looks exactly like a regular Steam Community profile but what tipped me off:
1. I didn't recognize the profile username
2. The location was set to Puerto Rico in the profile
3. Manty is English if I remember correctly

Yes you can see the link in the image. Do not visit that obvious scam site.

I thought steamguard killed off all these sites. Unless people don't use it :I.

I thought steamguard killed off all these sites. Unless people don't use it :I.
Steam Guard only protects your account from being accessed from 3rd party computers as far as I know.

Steam Guard only protects your account from being accessed from 3rd party computers as far as I know.
Yes, and isn't that what is happening here?

Yes, and isn't that what is happening here?
Oh yeah. Well I suppose it isn't perfect then.

Yeah, my account got hijacked yesterday.  I had a friend who it happened to recently, too.  I've sent in a support ticket but Valve works at their own pace, so it will probably be a while.  For anyone who is friends with my steam account and sees this, don't click any of those links, it's not me.

Be careful for it, I've never had something like this happen to me.  They've sold all my "valuable" TF2 items, and have played a few games that I own.

I like how there have been so many of these phising sites that the urls are starting to become less and less convincing

Are our avatars gonna turn into penguins again?

I haven't seen this in ages. Are you guys seriously not using Steam Guard or what?

Time to turn the "Are you sure you want to go to this site" notification back on

Guys I added him as a friend and now all my items are gone why did this happen :((((

Guys I added him as a friend and now all my items are gone why did this happen :((((
Because you obviously don't know what "THIS IS A loving SCAM DON'T CLICK IT" means.

Because you obviously don't know what "THIS IS A loving SCAM DON'T CLICK IT" means.
The excessive emoticons at the end of his post signify sarcasm.

i've seen steamcornrnunity before