Author Topic: 2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!  (Read 104526 times)

Blockland on Steam on Ubuntu.
Just what I needed.
EDIT: Wait what why is there no Blockland port for Ubuntu.

because badspot never made one .....?

However long it takes for the devs to implement any Steam features they want and figure out how it'll work on Steam. Probably an additional couple of weeks or so at the end for some kind of final processing with Valve.
Ah. Yea, in that case it'll probably be another week.

Blockland on Steam on Ubuntu.
Just what I needed.
EDIT: Wait what why is there no Blockland port for Ubuntu.
use that wine emulator thing

use that wine emulator thing
#1: Wine is not an emulator.
#2: It's just called Wine.

#1: Wine is not an emulator.
#2: It's just called Wine.
doesn't wine (try to) emulate windows programs
wouldn't that make it an emulator

Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator")

No, it doesn't emulate applications.

Hopefully Blockland on Steam will solve that incredibly annoying thing when Blockland stops responding because reasons and then you can't even close the loving window sometimes and now I have to goddamn restart the loving computer hfdsiudsdsio
you feel my pain  :cookieMonster:

The phrase "Wine Is Not an Emulator" is a reference to the fact that no processor code execution emulation occurs when running a Windows app under Wine. "Emulation" usually refers to the execution of compiled code intended for one processor (say, x86) by interpreting/recompiling software running on a different processor (say, PowerPC). Such emulation is almost always much slower than execution of the same code by the processor for which the code was compiled. In Wine, the Windows app's compiled x86 code runs at full native speed on the computer's x86 processor, just as it does when running under Windows. And Windows API calls and services also are not emulated, but rather substituted with Linux equivalents that are compiled for x86 and run at full, native speed.

And there is no "try". Most of all Windows programs I've tried with Wine work fine.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:43:45 PM by Kingdaro »