Italian Villa-Style Restaurant

Author Topic: Italian Villa-Style Restaurant  (Read 1806 times)

Part of the build that has the Italian Cottage that I posted a while back. Lacking in a lot of details, but I'll be adding some rugs/matting and kitchen appliances (traditional-style, using wood burners) and finishing up the terrain around the building.

The lower sections that have windows through the rocks outside surround the lower kitchen in the last photo.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:17:40 PM by Conan »

Interior could use some work but all in all this is a pretty decent build.

super lovey glad you finished it looks gr8

I want to see this area done.
It would be fantastic.

Dislike how the cliff crawls on the buildings like this. This can't be finished, because it's absolutely preposterous.

Why can't I have a nice building skill like this. My building is terrible :c

Dislike how the cliff crawls on the buildings like this. This can't be finished, because it's absolutely preposterous.

just saw this. it is pretty gross. you made it look like someone drilled inwards to reach the house which makes 0% sense, the two little windows you have should be the only thing you can see on the rock face if that's what you're going for.

I was thinking the other way around; the building was built on an outcropping and the lower windows holes carved into the cliff face to connect a natural cave within to the outside.
I understand what you mean though, and I did notice the face's upper edge was high while roofing the secondary section, but I'll be keeping the same general design regardless of this.

I didn't go/am not going for realism on this environment build; there's a bar off to the side (not pictured) which goes completely against the concept of what is possible and what is impossible/impractical.

and yes, its not done. The terrain on the outside isn't done, as well as touchups on the terrain moulding and grass on the cliff ledges
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:34:38 PM by Conan »

Conan, I think it would help if you brought the stone face closer to the windows.
Having holes that big around the windows make it look like the rock is strewn over the house not the house being inside the rock wall.

Conan, I think it would help if you brought the stone face closer to the windows.
Having holes that big around the windows make it look like the rock is strewn over the house not the house being inside the rock wall.
noted. i'll thin out the upper layers when I get back to working on this.

also, late night hosting is out of the question now. sorry 'bout that.

it would look nice if the water submerged and near the coast was a darker color.

man i still love the roofs of these italian things

it would look nice if the water submerged and near the coast was a darker color.

man i still love the roofs of these italian things
water was there only as a placeholder since some others were building dock-based buildings like a waterside market and pub/inn. later it'll be fine tuned a bit further and the ground baseplate colors adjusted.

Yes this would do. You might even bring the cliff face to the same level as the wall so it merges. The stone being in the wall, that is. Seen this on Eole.