AP Biology or Pre-AP Chemistry?

Author Topic: AP Biology or Pre-AP Chemistry?  (Read 1809 times)

So I'm deciding if I should switch my Pre-AP Chem class to AP Biology this year. I took Pre-AP Biology and did very well in that class. Also in my school's AP Bio course, they teach at least two units of basic chemistry. I'm also taking AP Human Geography, and my mom thinks two AP classes is a bit much for freshman year.

So yeah, wat do.

I took regular chemistry my junior year and learned absolutely nothing. It was probably my most hated class ever. It was so confusing for me and there were like 3 or 4 people in the whole class that actually knew what they were doing. It may have been the teacher, but I don't know.

Unless you are really interested in chemistry, I would take the biology class and take whatever is absolutely required for chemistry (if it's even required at your high school).

But yeah, I am 100% sure I will never use anything we did in that class in the future. Like I said, unless you really want to go into some field that deals with chemistry in some way and you like that sort of thing, don't take the class. Unfortunately for me, it was required.

I took regular chemistry my junior year and learned absolutely nothing. It was probably my most hated class ever. It was so confusing for me and there were like 3 or 4 people in the whole class that actually knew what they were doing. It may have been the teacher, but I don't know.

Unless you are really interested in chemistry, I would take the biology class and take whatever is absolutely required for chemistry (if it's even required at your high school).

But yeah, I am 100% sure I will never use anything we did in that class in the future. Like I said, unless you really want to go into some field that deals with chemistry in some way and you like that sort of thing, don't take the class. Unfortunately for me, it was required.
It was most likely your teacher. Chemistry was very interesting when I took it sophomore year. Physics was without a doubt way better though. Taking those classes earlier also opened the door for Astronomy senior year. I'd say take the Chemistry class.

It was most likely your teacher. Chemistry was very interesting when I took it sophomore year. Physics was without a doubt way better though. Taking those classes earlier also opened the door for Astronomy senior year. I'd say take the Chemistry class.

I do plan on going into the field of astronomy/astrophysics. So I'm thinking if I don't want to take earlybird classes, I think I should take chemistry.

Yeah, see I'm not really interested in mathy-chemistry-numberish related stuff. I like history, psychology and creative writing; things like that.

Basically what I suggest for high school is to just take everything that is required and then put all of your elective classes towards things you're interested in. As said many times, if you like that sort of thing and are interested in it, go for it by all means.

As a freshman, though, you may not know what you are interested in until you take certain classes. I was like that until sophomore year when I got interested in U.S. history, cold war, and then psychology and sociology later on.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I do plan on going into the field of astronomy/astrophysics. So I'm thinking if I don't want to take earlybird classes, I think I should take chemistry.
So yeah, you'd probably want to go down that road; chemistry, physics, and astronomy. Having the option to start those sort of classes your freshman year is good. I wish I could have taken the history and psychology classes I wanted when I was a freshman.

At least at my school, Human Geo is really easy. I say, go for it.

AP Biology sounds a lot more interesting to take.

I'm in AP Chem and I really like it. So far it's not difficult at all. I already took regular chem though.

i took bio my freshman year, a stuff science sophomore year and chem junior year.

take bio dude