WUB WUB WUB WUB

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
9 (18.8%)
ZOINGZOINGZOINGZOING
21 (43.8%)
BEEP BOOP RRRRRRR
18 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Boink's Gamemode Megathread  (Read 45894 times)

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
close quarters dm and boulder dash got onto rtb
and you didn't fix the new top down map

Howdy all I've been checking these out on my server and they seem pretty legit however I've been having tons of issues with CLOSE QUARTERS DM.

I've downloaded it via both the Game Modes forum and RTB and there's a few differences:

RTB has a Bow, Spear, and Deagle looking pistol whereas the forum version has a frag grenade, Discombob, and is missing a weapon across from the LMG.

RTB is also missing the parkour add-on. (intentional?)

The forum version doesn't allow you to zoom out into third person.

The forum version's LMG is really buggy. You can fire it but when you let go of the trigger and attempt to fire again the LMG disappears and is replaced by an empty hand. To get it back you have to cycle to another weapon and then back to the LMG. Also the weapon slows you down while firing which is fine however if you hold down too long you become stuck at that speed regardless of what weapon you're using. Killing yourself is the only fix.

The horse on the map is really annoying because of the invisible walls around it. People empty entire clips into it before figuring out that their opponent  is using it as a shield.

Most importantly this game mode causes major server lag depending on which version you download:

The RTB version spams the console with some crap when I use trace(1); I can't figure out where it's coming from. This is with one player online.

The forum version's parkour is broken. It spams the console with a 'is player on ground' check which causes a lot of lag with just 2 people online.

Lastly the RTB version is missing a few files:
Emote_Critical,
Weapon_Package_Tier1,
Weapon_Package_Tier2.

Basically at the moment this game mode is unplayable.

:(

Edit:
By manually installing the missing add-ons and removing the forum files I've managed to get the game mode to work. So far anyway. I'll mess around with it and if I noticed anything funky I'll post it here.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:07:10 PM by Mickers »

Mickers, I have hosted the forums version with no issue (except for the lmg) at all. I have yet to run the RTB, but it's your installation issue.

EDIT: saw your edit, feel free

Howdy all I've been checking these out on my server and they seem pretty legit however I've been having tons of issues with CLOSE QUARTERS DM.

I've downloaded it via both the Game Modes forum and RTB and there's a few differences:

RTB has a Bow, Spear, and Deagle looking pistol whereas the forum version has a frag grenade, Discombob, and is missing a weapon across from the LMG.

This is intentional. I can only have 3 addons for a gamemode on RTB. Sorry :(

RTB is also missing the parkour add-on. (intentional?)

Same as above

The forum version doesn't allow you to zoom out into third person.

Parkour playertype. You don't even need third person anyways unless you're cheating.

The forum version's LMG is really buggy. You can fire it but when you let go of the trigger and attempt to fire again the LMG disappears and is replaced by an empty hand. To get it back you have to cycle to another weapon and then back to the LMG. Also the weapon slows you down while firing which is fine however if you hold down too long you become stuck at that speed regardless of what weapon you're using. Killing yourself is the only fix.

I don't know how to fix this. If someone has a fix, i'd appreciate it.

The horse on the map is really annoying because of the invisible walls around it. People empty entire clips into it before figuring out that their opponent  is using it as a shield.

maybe i'll do something about this, but maybe not also

Most importantly this game mode causes major server lag depending on which version you download:

The RTB version spams the console with some crap when I use trace(1); I can't figure out where it's coming from. This is with one player online.

The forum version's parkour is broken. It spams the console with a 'is player on ground' check which causes a lot of lag with just 2 people online.

I haven't had these problems.

Lastly the RTB version is missing a few files:
Emote_Critical,
Weapon_Package_Tier1,
Weapon_Package_Tier2.

Basically at the moment this game mode is unplayable.

:(

Edit:
By manually installing the missing add-ons and removing the forum files I've managed to get the game mode to work. So far anyway. I'll mess around with it and if I noticed anything funky I'll post it here.

hurr

Answers in red.

BL_Botway looks so loving fun. But for some reason when I download it and put it in my Add-Ons, it doesn't work!

:panda:

BL_Botway looks so loving fun. But for some reason when I download it and put it in my Add-Ons, it doesn't work!

:panda:
Answer 1: Go to "Documents" Go to that blockland folder and put the gamemode in there.
Answer 2: Open the zip folder. You should see the gamemode, and the addons needed. Put the addons and the gamemode in your addons folder, and you're good.

How about something stealth-oriented with bots?

How about something stealth-oriented with bots?
I've thought about this. I'll have to uh, consider it.

maybe with like, silenced pistols and stuff?

I'm going to make another gamemode soon since I said I'd update this normally.

hnnnnnnnnn-

I'm going to turn Brotatoe's Shockwave DM into a gamemode as a filler.

Let me know how the Slayer game mode goes!

Let me know how the Slayer game mode goes!
I'm having a problem where i need no move playertype. It keeps defaulting to nojet or regular.
Oh wait. I'm launching up my gamemode with slayer in it and editing instead of the actual slayer gamemode

*facepalm*
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:44:55 PM by Boink! »

I'm uploading rc car wars really soon.

Prepare your downloads.

Released!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:34:00 PM by Boink! »

I like the way that SpearBow TDM looks.