Author Topic: Animation for weapon  (Read 1288 times)

So i'm trying to animate an item for blockland and I think the problem may be with the script.
If there is a chance it is the model, this is how I have created the animation in blender:
  • I have created an animation on the model from frame 0 to 10 and called that sequence "fire".
  • The armature's name is "Bone", I don't think it makes a difference but i'm unsure.
This is what my exporter window looks like:

I'm wanting the item to play the animation once when the player equips it.

Code: [Select]
        stateName[0]                     = "Activate";
stateTimeoutValue[0]             = 0.15;
stateTransitionOnTimeout[0]       = "Ready";
stateSound[0] = weaponSwitchSound;

stateName[1]                     = "Ready";
stateTimeoutValue[1]             = 0.25;
stateSequence[1]                = "fire";

Is stateSequence the name for the animation to play in the model? That's what i'm currently assuming.

yes stageSequence is the animation
I don't know too much about modelling so thats all I know

yes stageSequence is the animation
I don't know too much about modelling so thats all I know
It's stateSequence, I'm guessing you had a typo but it should be put out there anyways.

Make sure the bone is assigned to the vertices correctly using the Armature modifier and the verticies you want used in the animation are in the correct vertex group.

It's stateSequence, I'm guessing you had a typo but it should be put out there anyways.

Make sure the bone is assigned to the vertices correctly using the Armature modifier and the verticies you want used in the animation are in the correct vertex group.
Oh, I just thought parenting the object to the armature in blender would work; thank you.

wops