Help Sir Dooble in a small contest.

Author Topic: Help Sir Dooble in a small contest.  (Read 536 times)

Hello.
I recently entered quite a small contest on the community forums of Age of Empires Online.
It was simply a caption contest, fitting to an image and a brief story given.

The entires were gathered up and I was chosen by their community team, alongside 14 other people to be their winners.
However, first a vote is held to decide which entries win which prize.

There are 3 tiers of prizes, with 1 grand winner, and 7 people getting second place prizes and the rest getting third place prizes.

I would absolutely love it if I could get the help from a few other people and maybe try and aim for a big prize.
The community on their forums is quite small and I am an absolute newbie there.
Throw in the fact that this contest was tricky to come up with something clever that fit the caption and story (something some people, including some winners, didn't quite do).

I don't know what you need to sign up and vote, or if that is even necessary. To sign up for the forums I think you need a WindowsLive/XboxLive account, which you link to their forums.
If there is anyone with one of those, I'd be very thankful if you voted for me.

My entry is the following;
"Don’t worry, guys. I took a course in rhapsode school. A sweet Nordic lullaby and the chief’ll be out and we can relax too."

The contest blog is here; http://ageofempiresonline.com/en/articles/blog-20130903
The vote is here; http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com/forums/373395/ShowThread.aspx#373395

Thank you an absolute bunch for voting if you do.
And if you play AoEO, then consider entering next time. Looking at some of their previous contests, their creativity and general mentality is quite poor. There usually aren't any clever entries.

But, if you don't play AoEO, then do not enter. It is no longer possible to become a new member of the game, so you'd be wasting your time entering, unless you won first place and got a T-Shirt.

um it says i already voted

So I'm not the only one who had that issue...
I wasn't able to vote for myself either, because it claimed I voted for some one else.
A friend of mine was able to vote though.

I'm sending a message to the contest host now about votes not working.
Hopefully it gets fixed in time for votes to go through.

Thank you for trying to vote though. It means a lot.
If you can still vote, I'd appreciate any help.

Edit: Well, embarrassingly, it suddenly let me vote
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:27:35 PM by sir dooble »

Just a little bump.
Anyone had any more luck voting?

Still says I already voted.