Author Topic: Becoming a PA Public Notary  (Read 1002 times)

I've wanted to become an ordained minister in PA for a while. I wanted to do it just so I can marry people, which sounds really exciting to me for some reason. It was somewhat difficult since I would have to buy a package from some unitarian church and then go to the county clerk and do stuff. So I put that dream on the backburner.

Instead I set my sights on something else though, a public notary. I'll stamp the forget out of contracts and stuff. I was looking online at how to become one and it's super easy. All I have to do is pay $40 and an application to the state, and take a class. I looked around a little more and found out some websites offer the course and all the stuff needed and all it cost was $110. I think that's a fair price to get my official state stamp.

Anyone else here a public notary or want to be one?

I mean I'd like to say go to be the ordained minister, if that's your dream.

But if you'd think you'd like being a public notary, go for it.

How long is the course?

The course is only 3 hours, and it's online. So it's really really easy. I want that sweet sweet stamp. As for being an ordained minister, I just want to do it for stuffs and giggles. It involves having to get all these papers from some Unitarian church then getting papers from the county clerk. I'm also pretty sure it's more expensive so I'll just wait for it.

I haven't met someone with the job title before, but I know that it doesn't pay that well. On average it pays $36,000 in America. If you think that it suits you perfectly, and you want to pursue it, go for it. It seems like a fairly interesting position.

I haven't met someone with the job title before, but I know that it doesn't pay that well. On average it pays $36,000 in America. If you think that it suits you perfectly, and you want to pursue it, go for it. It seems like a fairly interesting position.

I'm not getting paid anything to be a public notary. I'm just gonna be a public notary. I'll be able to notarize whatever I want.