Author Topic: What free streaming software supports capture cards?  (Read 2206 times)

I've tried XSplit, but it's not working out for me. I remember some people telling me about free streaming software, but I forgot the name. What do you guys recommend?

Are you trying to stream to twitch or something along those lines?

Are you trying to stream to twitch or something along those lines?
Yes.

You should be able to stream it through the stream controls on twitch without a median, so long as you have drivers and the device is recognized as a video input. I have never used twitch, but I assume it's exactly the same as livestreaming elsewhere.

You should be able to stream it through the stream controls on twitch without a median, so long as you have drivers and the device is recognized as a video input. I have never used twitch, but I assume it's exactly the same as livestreaming elsewhere.
Really? I'm looking all over the place, I see no Streaming options.

I have never used twitch, but I assume it's exactly the same as livestreaming elsewhere.
I am able to use my capture card as a video source on most livestream websites like justin.tv.

I am able to use my capture card as a video source on most livestream websites like justin.tv.
Oh, well unfortunately Twitch.tv requires an external program. Do you know of any?

Can't say I do. You might be able to use VLC to help with this, but don't hold your breath.

Can't say I do. You might be able to use VLC to help with this, but don't hold your breath.
Sorry for making excuses, but VLC is very unstable with my capture card.

Sorry for making excuses, but VLC is very unstable with my capture card.
Understandable. I wasn't able to change the channel of my capture card in VLC, so it was stuck on RF channel 2 instead of component 1.

Open Broadcaster Software
Thanks so much!
Understandable. I wasn't able to change the channel of my capture card in VLC, so it was stuck on RF channel 2 instead of component 1.
Yeah, I couldn't even get the video input to work.