Author Topic: Duel Welding Two Different Weapons  (Read 972 times)

/title
I thought it would be cool to have a shotgun in one hand and in the other a pistol or an smg. I thought this would be pretty badass if it was made. Also, have left click fires the gun in the left hand while right click fires the gun in the right hand. If you guys would have problems, I would suggest also ripping the script for the fists from the TF2 melee pack because you can do left and right click to fire each of the fists.

Thanks!

Would be cool
Though it could be a problem with weapons that have an alt-fire.

I remember trying this. Didn't work, but hey, I knew absolute jack stuff about Torque then.
I can't promise anything but I may attempt this sometime later.

Would be cool
Though it could be a problem with weapons that have an alt-fire.
I'd also like to mention that I don't mean using weapons that exist. I mean making new weapons to be compatible with something like this idea.

I'd also like to mention that I don't mean using weapons that exist. I mean making new weapons to be compatible with something like this idea.

I'm sure HellsHero and Khain would be glad to take this up

*sees a shotgun*
*picks it up*
*sees a pistol*
*dual wields*

this with ANY weapon?

*sees a shotgun*
*picks it up*
*sees a pistol*
*dual wields*

this with ANY weapon?

i think that's what op wants, i'm not sure

wait yeah it is

*sees a shotgun*
*picks it up*
*sees a pistol*
*dual wields*

this with ANY weapon?
Kinda. I thought it would be easier if it was one item to pick up. Like, say if I went to the item list, there would be a whole list of dif. weapon combinations like shotgun+pistol to spawn or pistol+smg. I do not mean pick up two different weapons. I mean pick up one weapon that gives you two when you take it out.

The idea is basically possible, but Blockland is not built with the idea in mind. It's simple to put two separate images in separate hands, and Blockland does have an alt fire trigger that seems to be wired to the left hand item, but it's not mapped to anything, and with the right mouse button taken for most people, there isn't really anything to map it to. Also, the right arm is better animated than the left, which doesn't have the spear charge, brick shift, and activate animations which some items use.

Kinda. I thought it would be easier if it was one item to pick up. Like, say if I went to the item list, there would be a whole list of dif. weapon combinations like shotgun+pistol to spawn or pistol+smg. I do not mean pick up two different weapons. I mean pick up one weapon that gives you two when you take it out.
I think some maps for Halo Custom Edition did that to emulate Halo 2 when dual wielding was not possible.

Halo Custom Edition
Oh god the nostalgia hurts. Why did custom edition have to die?

Oh god the nostalgia hurts. Why did custom edition have to die?
Coldsnap kicked ass - one-shotting a longsword with the mythos, or sneaking through the mountains and bombing the mythos with the longsword, hunting jets with the gauss hog, shooting down the chumps who thought it would be a good idea to make use of the pelicans... There was another really good one too; Extinction, I think. Good times.

But it didn't have an engine that permitted much expansion. Getting more than a few different vehicles and weapons on a map was a hack, there was very limited room for scripting, the visuals were really limited in quality, it wasn't very easy to learn and it didn't have a very big community, so once all the people doing cool stuff with it (i.e. Tiamat) moved on, there wasn't much left.

Coldsnap kicked ass - one-shotting a longsword with the mythos, or sneaking through the mountains and bombing the mythos with the longsword, hunting jets with the gauss hog, shooting down the chumps who thought it would be a good idea to make use of the pelicans... There was another really good one too; Extinction, I think. Good times.

But it didn't have an engine that permitted much expansion. Getting more than a few different vehicles and weapons on a map was a hack, there was very limited room for scripting, the visuals were really limited in quality, it wasn't very easy to learn and it didn't have a very big community, so once all the people doing cool stuff with it (i.e. Tiamat) moved on, there wasn't much left.
343 should release halo 4 for windows 8. Then the fun would begin.