Author Topic: Some idiot hit-and-ran from a car accident with my father (No, he didn't die)  (Read 2949 times)

why would anyone leave their license with anyone lol.
i mean yeah hit and run is wrong and stuffty, but why would you expect her ID in your hand for any reason lol

a person dosnt have to identify themselves to you. at all. thats a police issue, not your business who they are.
No, no, no and no. She told my father she didn't have a license to stop him from calling the police. In any accident, you also have to identify yourself to the police. She failed to do that and sped off.

If she didn't have her license, legally this was probably the best thing to do. A hit-and-run is a misdemeanor in most states, and so is driving without a license. If she'd been caught driving without a license, she'd have her car impounded, she'd be brought to the station, have to call someone to get her, along with facing the fines. If she simply hits and runs, she gets mailed a slip for when to show up to court. I'm not saying what she did was morally right, but from a legal perspective you may as well drive away to avoid the trouble of losing your car.

If she didn't have her license, legally this was probably the best thing to do. A hit-and-run is a misdemeanor in most states, and so is driving without a license. If she'd been caught driving without a license, she'd have her car impounded, she'd be brought to the station, have to call someone to get her, along with facing the fines. If she simply hits and runs, she gets mailed a slip for when to show up to court. I'm not saying what she did was morally right, but from a legal perspective you may as well drive away to avoid the trouble of losing your car.
Uhm, the police are pissed that she drove away. She's in more trouble than ever now.

I'll be sure to ban her from my server.
Wowe, that's very nice! Polite person!

Kudos on making a quality topic Acerblock, my condolences on your father's wrecked ride.

That girl deserves anything that comes to her, really. If she's not going to own up to her responsibilities right then and there, she doesn't deserve to be on the road. Luckily your father was quick enough to get her plate # and identify her car. stuff happens man, I hope I never get in an accident, but hey, stuff happens.

Uhm, the police are pissed that she drove away. She's in more trouble than ever now.
The mood of the police is pretty irrelevant in trial proceedings. The fact of the matter is that legally she'll be in equal trouble either way.

Jail Time or loosing your car?

Hmmm such a hard choice

Jail Time or loosing your car?

Hmmm such a hard choice
They're both punishable by the same sentence, lol. Maximum 6 months, usually just a fine. Maybe you should read posts before assuming someone said something that obviously illogical.