Author Topic: Has anybody seen Roblox's shaders/lighting lately?  (Read 5619 times)

I don't know, they seem pretty great. I haven't played Roblox in a long time, and I expected the shading/lighting to be terrible from what I heard. It seems pretty nice. I know they aren't real shadows, the shading around the bricks, but it still looks great. I just played Doom Caverns by Maelstronomer and he got the cavern to be pitch black in some places, requiring the torch tool in the game. The lighting doesn't look glitchy at all when you have a light out in the pitch black, it seriously looks terrific.

Might just be because I have a decent processor, but I can also see lights far away illuminating things, and a lot of lights don't lag me at all. Not sure what they did or if it's real lighting or some illusion or something, but it looks cool.

They also have some fog distance thing similar to Blockland's I think.

man if only you included some links in the op so i had any idea of what you're talking about

Logged in today.

What's new?

edit: loving imgur jpg'd it.

It looks like an extremely janky Korean lobby shooter now.

Logged in today.
-imgsnip-

What's new?

edit: loving imgur jpg'd it.
My laptop would explode if i turned on the shaders on roblox

man if only you included some links in the op so i had any idea of what you're talking about

nice try

My laptop would explode if i turned on the shaders on roblox

my graphics card is integrated and i have an i3 dual processor, shaders run perfectly fine for me, roblox runs greater than ever.

nice try
he was asking for a picture? did i read the op wrong too

Essentially this is about Roblox's new shadows and such which are an over-dignified blob shadow adaptation with some pretty meh light sources.

They're pretty damn useful though for building and atmosphere.

So they now have basic fog and ambient occlusion?

I only have seen the dynamic lightning, I thought that was all they had? I could be wrong though because I haven't logged in for almost 3 weeks. ROBLOX's dynamic lightning looks nice but does not go with the game at all, it looks very weird. At this stage, ROBLOX doesn't even have blocks anymore.

he was asking for a picture? did i read the op wrong too

i thought he was asking for a link to the game that i mentioned, and roblox links get your post automatically blocked.

I only have seen the dynamic lightning, I thought that was all they had? I could be wrong though because I haven't logged in for almost 3 weeks. ROBLOX's dynamic lightning looks nice but does not go with the game at all, it looks very weird. At this stage, ROBLOX doesn't even have blocks anymore.

i admit, the only thing that has a real shadow is the player, and that is glitchy, sometimes you can have two shadows (roblox doesn't make shadows from light sources other the lighting object in the workspace/game, meaning there should only be one)

ROBLOX is still stuff, no matter how much they add to it.
-Horrible admins
-So many alts and deactivated accounts
-ODs and seriously horrible places
-"IT'S FREE"

ROBLOX is still stuff, no matter how much they add to it.
-Horrible admins
-So many alts and deactivated accounts
-ODs and seriously horrible places
-"IT'S FREE"
breaking news with killercop