Centhra's Dueling

Author Topic: Centhra's Dueling  (Read 3522 times)

Aw, does the server save with color indices? My old build is all messed up.

This looks really fun, hopefully my ping isn't complete garbage.

Aw, does the server save with color indices? My old build is all messed up.
Different colorset I think.

A single player in the server right now, that player is Trigun.

Servers like Rising Lava and Jail Escape get ~20 or so players, at a constant rate.
Servers like Rising Lava and Jail Escape have less of a fun curve than Dueling. In order to enjoy Rising Lava, all you have to do is join the server and run away from the lava. For dueling, you have to download a client, wait for the server to populate (it's a strictly multiplayer gamemode, with the exception of the ability to build) then you can start to have fun. This translates to a server where until multiple people are in the server, there isn't a ton of interest and once the server is populated and drawing in new players, players are deterred by the fact that a client mod is required to play.

That said, once the server is populated and said client mod installed, the game is an absolute blast. It's well put together and virtually seamless, it feels like a default feature of Blockland. There's currently over sixty different player built, community moderated maps across 11 popular weapons. The community feeling at Centhra is unlike any other server I've ever joined on Blockland, everyone is always courteous (saying things like "good luck, have fun" and "good game" at the start and end of matches respectively), willing to help, and easygoing. Ranked duels give players a chance to show off their skills: our current top duelist, Blockhead50915, has won 54 duels and lost zero, topping the K/D ratio board for Rocket Launchers and sitting right next to Xang in second place for highest Win/Loss ratio, with Xang at 67:0 and Blockhead at 51:0.

On a separate note, Centhra's Dueling needs to jump start community interest once again. In the past, Centhra's Dueling has maintained buoyant player counts consistently for weeks on end. To show the next generation of Blocklanders how much fun Dueling really is, we are considering hosting a dueling tournament! This tournament can be entered by anyone, without any need for the client mod. We're hoping that anyone that may have been on the edge about downloading the mod and getting into the dueling spirit will be persuaded by some good old competitive fun, with a prize for the winner! More details are to come, but I recommend to anyone that wants a competitive edge that you download the client mod from the OP today and begin practicing with friends.

And for duelists that are already committed to the Centhra name, while we do not accept monetary donations, we encourage you to donate your time and patience to populating the dueling server through the recent drought in the stream of new players.

Thanks everyone for all the support in the topic so far. We hope that this generation of Dueling will pull through and be the best one yet!

I downloaded the client, joined the server, and was greeted with a message telling me my client was outdated and to download the latest version. So I clicked the link and it downloaded for me the same version I already had, and upon trying to open the duel GUI it told me that it cannot connect to the data server. Soo yeah.

I really like this server but there is only Trigun on it to get some players.

I downloaded the client, joined the server, and was greeted with a message telling me my client was outdated and to download the latest version. So I clicked the link and it downloaded for me the same version I already had, and upon trying to open the duel GUI it told me that it cannot connect to the data server. Soo yeah.
its working now though and we're having stuffloads of fun loving each other over

We should take Xang and push him somewhere else.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:11:51 PM by Kalphiter² »

It'd be nice if maps voted bad showed up less often. Spiral is such a stuff map and yet I've got it several times in a row on multiple occasions.

It'd be nice if maps voted bad showed up less often. Spiral is such a stuff map and yet I've got it several times in a row on multiple occasions.
I love Spiral! Its probably my favorite map.

Spiral and Cubes are so soulless and boring that I can't stand playing on them. Not to mention spiral is unfun for anyone but the sweatiest tryhards.

why arn't people playing this

bump, where's the server? i can't find it anywhere and i was hoping to play it today

The server is very fun to play on, and definitely one of the, if not, best servers currently on Blockland. The only problem is not a lot of people play it at a time when you go on. There are random periods when it will get up to like 15-20 players, but then it dies out pretty quickly. If this server had a solid community and fan base of people continuously coming back to it, it would be loads of fun.