Author Topic: Steam OS/Steam Machines/Steam Controller Coming Soon - Controller Demonstration  (Read 19287 times)

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamController/

this is what we've been waiting for?
a really crappy looking controller?

It's funny; the people who like it like it because it's made by Valve. The people who hate it hate it because it's different.

Gonna make some popcorn, because this is gonna be an entertaining flamewar over a controller.

Valve D-Riders incoming.

A controller that requires you to move your thumb off of both directional inputs to press a button is handicapped.

The button layout is stupid, and the haptics thing will never replace a physical joystick.
This will flop. Hard.
As somebody with long fingers, I could press those buttons while still working the inputs easy. I position my brown townog sticks under my thumbs joint (Probably a name for it).

Also.. Remember it has 2 triggers on the back still..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:33:38 PM by tails »

It looks different
at least it has that going for it

i like it because you DONT need a dpad or the 4 action buttons that the other consoles have. they combined em. so you can play without ever having to lift up off the tracks.

Everybody complaining would/is probably just going to use a keyboard and mouse anyway

I think it looks pretty bulky, not quite original Xbox bulky, but still rather bulky

Everybody complaining would/is probably just going to use a keyboard and mouse anyway

I've played keyboard for a long time, probably still would. I'll keep looking and edit this post to tell you if I think it's good.

It's funny; the people who like it like it because it's made by Valve. The people who hate it hate it because it's different.

Gonna make some popcorn, because this is gonna be an entertaining flamewar over a controller.

I don't hate it. I just know it's not going to do very well.
We wont know for sure until we get our hands on one. (Literally)

The people who like it just like it because it's from Valve.
If Microsoft announced this as their next controller for the new xbox, people would flip their stuff.

Turns out the trackpads are clickable, This whining about taking your hand off them to click things is void.

this looks like the same setup as any existing pad cept they dont use sticks.
..Except it has a touch screen with a screen on it and the 4 "XYAB" buttons are in the middle.

Im still wondering how on earth will those pads be comfortable and reliable to control with.

If this controller does have a precision of a mouse that would be loving awesome

well I decided not to edit

The buttons seem a little awkward for me (the a, x, b and y buttons), but I do like the touchscreen and how it can support custom APIs (for certain games) for custom UIs.

Looks nice anyways, but I don't know how well it would do with others.

I don't hate it. I just know it's not going to do very well.
We wont know for sure until we get our hands on one. (Literally)
did you even read what you typed