Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 87030 times)

i guess it must be an integrated AMD, yeah

holy forget that's a lot of dust
and wait, i don't see a GPU at all, the heck
a lot of people dont have dedicated cards
i have an i7 4770k, it runs most games on low and some on medium settings fine
tf2 and half life 2 on high

Great for screenshots even if not the game

Great for screenshots even if not the game
have the screenshots advertise the game to look more enhanced than it really is

yep!

Plenty of other games do this. The number one game I can think of is Minecraft.
They have insane resource packs and a lovey shaders mod that people use to take screenshots, Yet no one complains about it being "False Advertising".

that doesn't make it okay
it's a stuffty thing to do, why do you think people got so sour when actual shaders didn't look like the preview screenshots

that doesn't make it okay
it's a stuffty thing to do, why do you think people got so sour when actual shaders didn't look like the preview screenshots
The thing is I've never see anyone complain about how the shaders don't look the same in the preview.

The thing is I've never see anyone complain about how the shaders don't look the same in the preview.
there were some

but yeah just because some other games do this doesn't mean this should too

i hate when developers do stuff like this. they show us a picture of multi-layered shading, then give us two toned shading instead. it's a blatant lie and that's that. the whole front post of the "S&S vs I&T" Main Post was a ruse. Show your shaders looking all good (not even how they look in the actual game) and present the maps in a poor fashion to try to sway the other side.
wow way to post pink slopes, a bug that didn't even exist in the game until v20. I don't see how that's really "bad" considering it worked fine until you (devs) decided to change something.
way to take a picture in the far corner of the map instead of showing the actual entire thing. i'm honestly not sure if this is some kind of bait/troll picture or not.

It's the same as if I did this:
"V20 has clearly better graphics and shadows and shaders look like stuff and should be removed. Look at this awesome new interior

now compare that to the old, outdated, ugly, 2001, shaders we have now
"

It's a blatant biased sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGjxxytLy8

The shadows were in development at that time. They settled for a less intensive method for release. As for the FPS counter, it was during a DOF screenshot, which changes how frames are produced while it's taken. On top of that, Kompressor probably wasn't using Badspot's computer to take the screenshots.

wow way to post pink slopes, a bug that didn't even exist in the game until v20. I don't see how that's really "bad" considering it worked fine until you (devs) decided to change something.
Alright, that one really bugged me with the shaders announcement.

I'm wondering how that actually happened, i think they reversed the RGB values for the ambient lighting, like, instead of RGB, it was BGR, so swapping what used to be the blue value with what used to be the red value and relighting the map would make The Slopes normal colored, but everything else would have the red-ish coloring to it